Vote on Resetting the Leader Boards

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Vote on Resetting the Leader Boards

Popcap wants to know if we would like the leader boards reset.

https://twitter.com/ja_wiebe/status/1006283073602719744?s=21

So, the leader boards have been pretty screwed since before the game even launched.  The target range boards are a joke, as are all the boards on PC.  I'm not sure about my feelings on this one yet.  I would probably benefit going forward as it would erase all the months I sucked at the game, and I am still an active player.

Message 1 of 17 (828 Views)

Re: Vote on Resetting the Leader Boards

★★★ Guide
Erasing might do no good unless there is at least some moderation as hackers could try to produce more ridiculous times. Though it may work in everyone's favor to set a new precedent and give everyone a cleaner slate to work from. I would be interested in seeing if they are going to tackle player's personal ones for characters as well.
Message 2 of 17 (811 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I’m a little torn on this one as well. I have some good scores on crazy targets and know I would be 1st on one and top ten on a couple others. As far the others go I can understand a reset. However I think it’s truly hard to measure by just number. There have been quite a few broken moments throughout the history of this game. Early Rose, Electro brainz arc damage, early husk hop, Citron...., Deto’s, and wall glitches. These things were abused by many. I’m not against resetting the boards. But not until a few more things have been fixed and tweaked. Which is happening at a great rate lately.
Message 3 of 17 (803 Views)

Champion (Retired)
My Splash Damage account is less than 3 months old and all of my records on that account are fairly new. If they’re reset, it would be a bummer for people such as myself but I think it’s overdue to remove all of the fake times/scores. Anyone who obtained records legitimately can surely replicate them?

I’d be interested to see where I rank on target range and gnome targets without exploits available...

On a side note.. I would be sore about my cats and dinos scores on my KS account (level 134 and 174, respectively, and both achieved in the last two weeks) and multiplayer kills lost would be a bummer but it’s still long overdue.

Message 4 of 17 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I voted 'don't care' so won't mind if they do or don't although all those quests being erased would stink as I've done them all every time they are up like clockwork. Sometimes they bug out and reappear though and I'm not sure what causes that bug but it's there.

Message 5 of 17 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
In case anyone missed it...

43% Yes
19% No
38% Did not care
Message 6 of 17 (708 Views)

Seems like a big move to make with only 500-something voting.

Message 7 of 17 (705 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I can see people not wanting to play until this is confirmed. Not that I play solely for stats but those who do will be wasting their time, if they play between now and supposed reset...

I did not vote (didn’t want to create a twitter account) but would have voted for the reset.
Message 8 of 17 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think it would have been good if they had fully explained exactly what this is going to mean.  Are our stats going to be erased from our back yards?  Everyone back to a N/A K/D ratio?  I just can't quite comprehend what the ramifications are here, but I guess based on 500 twitter users, it's a done deal.

Message 9 of 17 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Your K/D is not tracked on a leaderboard which is the key word here.
This will only reset things like the gnome target times, infinity time records for the highest waves reached, how many zombies/plants you've vanquished which you can check near the infinity zone entrances. 

Your personal stats with all your characters will not be effected since they are not displayed on leaderboards and nobody can see them but you and your friends that join in your backyard (but your friends only see your stats on the big screen in your character rooms)

Message 10 of 17 (671 Views)