Vortex needs some life

by PandaTar

Original Post

Vortex needs some life

★★★★ Pro

Before I retreat to my cocoony home, I'd like to brood with you guys about Vortex.

I'm not really a nighter, but Vortex is ... dull. Megadull.

I was wondering that, as we get more arks and more pods are unlocked, the place would be crowded, full of energy and life. The most bizarre thing we see is an asari gal, paralyzed on the stand up dais, raising her arm to the Phantom of Opera strolling past Liam every now and then.

Message 1 of 19 (1,245 Views)

Re: Vortex needs some life

★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

Before I retreat to my cocoony home, I'd like to brood with you guys about Vortex.

I'm not really a nighter, but Vortex is ... dull. Megadull.

I was wondering that, as we get more arks and more pods are unlocked, the place would be crowded, full of energy and life. The most bizarre thing we see is an asari gal, paralyzed on the stand up dais, raising her arm to the Phantom of Opera strolling past Liam every now and then.

I would like to see it expand, get bigger as the station grows and more people wake up from cryo. Add dance floors and other fun things.. also let Ryder get drunk more than once. More crew interacti9ns there would be nice too. Why can't we sit down and have a drink with Liam he is always telling us to take a break.

So many missed interaction chances. I guess there's only so much that can be done it just feels like they always intended more and longer scenes etc but ran out of time or something.

Message 2 of 19 (1,222 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yes. There's something to that. Whilst they learned that characters should move around the Tempest, they forgot to consider they should move around the Nexus as well. They are always at the same places, as if conjured there like unmovable horcruxes. It would be fun having Jaal at the bar, getting drunk and overemotional.

Message 3 of 19 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My Sara isn't visiting the Vortex that often, mostly when she has new ingredience for the bar keeper. But I remember a angarian at the stage telling a story and after he had vinished the crowd was applauding to him. I thought that was nice and also part of regular daily entertainment. But it seems I was just lucky and the bar is actually very boring (well, like most of the BW bars, sadly). And  I would so much love to actually sit down in every bar and have a drink or two with my crew mates. Or getting drunk, then dancing on the table and singing some naughty songs - Sara and Jaal together. That would be so much fun!

Standard smile

Message 4 of 19 (1,202 Views)

★★★★ Guide

How is there no strip bar on Kadara?

Message 5 of 19 (1,195 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@mckrackin5324 There is a strip bar in the slums.. All the dancers are wearing armor for some reason though...

Message 6 of 19 (1,189 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MeinChurro wrote:

@mckrackin5324 There is a strip bar in the slums.. All the dancers are wearing armor for some reason though...

No. There most certainly is not.

Message 7 of 19 (1,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@mckrackin5324 Yeah, there is. Well, I guess technically not since for some reason they area all wearing armor, like I said. TThe barkeep does talk about why he has bars up to protect the dancers. 

http://imgur.com/a/ehisd

Message 8 of 19 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Pro

LOL if the dancers are clothed then its by definition NOT a strip bar Large smile

Message 9 of 19 (1,171 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Maybe they get freaky when Ryder is gone. Party hat

Message 10 of 19 (1,165 Views)