Re: Volt VS R-99

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

@Lord_Scorpion34 that's a coincidence. I really like the volt but tonight I had a few good games with the r99, and now I feel conflicted Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 11 of 15 (287 Views)

Champion

@OldTreeCreeper  Volts definitely got more punch if you can land your headshots. 

Asides from those of us who have had the advantage of using the r99 for such a long time, most people seem to be pretty terrible with the gun also.xD

Some of the fights I've witnessed before dropping in to 3rd have actually been hilarious.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 15 (276 Views)
Highlighted

★ Expert

Volt for me. i am a lot better with the R-99 than I used to be but if my aim is not spot on then it's game over. With the Volt if I am slightly off with the first couple of shots I have time to readjust.

Message 13 of 15 (273 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Luck of the draw on ammo. I usually have no issue finding energy ammo.

It's a tough battle cuz I've won & lost fights using both weapons against each other. 99 gets more ammo per mag and higher rate of fire but I'm sure the Volt has a little more punch per hit.
Message 14 of 15 (265 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Lord_Scorpion34Volt has less recoil and easier to control. But running out of ammo can be a major issue.

99 you won't run out of ammo, but the recoil is wicked. The volt technically has a higher DPS than the 99. But the 99 has one extra bullet. The volt is in my opinion a superior gun especially with a purple mag and if you can land a head sot or two as your spray the enemy. 

The volt also has a shorter reload time both on tactical and full reload.  If I have the energy ammo, then I go Volt other wise I pass it up.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 15 (259 Views)