Voice chat

by Sci_Fazz

Original Post

Voice chat

★★★★★ Apprentice

I initially thought VC was broken for me as I could never hear people with mics, even when the speech to text was picking up words. That was until I did some testing and found that you can only hear them when your connected headset has a mic. How come? I don’t really use my mic headset as it gives me headaches nor do I necessarily use a mic, but it’s nice to be able to hear what my teammates are saying.

Message 1 of 4 (285 Views)

Re: Voice chat

Champion (Retired)

I was just talking to someone about this.  And he brought up a good point.  The only thing we could think of was that it’s to protect the kiddos.  That being said it should be a parental setting that locks mic talk out and not automatic.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve saved, or been saved by someone saying where an opponent is hiding.  I’m sure it’s been thought out on developers part, but I’d like to know the reasoning behind it.  @EA_David @EA_Blueberry can you guys shine any light on this?

Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@dwooten77 wrote:

I was just talking to someone about this.  And he brought up a good point.  The only thing we could think of was that it’s to protect the kiddos.  That being said it should be a parental setting that locks mic talk out and not automatic.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve saved, or been saved by someone saying where an opponent is hiding.  I’m sure it’s been thought out on developers part, but I’d like to know the reasoning behind it.  @EA_David @EA_Blueberry can you guys shine any light on this?

This!

I wouldn’t mind having to turn chat on every game (so that it comes out my TV speakers) but having to use a headset to communicate/hear chat often leads me to NOT playing PvP (can’t chill with my wife when headsetting).

Message 3 of 4 (243 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@spIash_damage A good idea. It would need to be a very clear option though - I think there are quite a few people who still don't realise that game chat isn't already on automatically.
Message 4 of 4 (229 Views)