Re: Voice chat

by WindowsManTv_CZE

Original Post

Voice chat

★★★ Novice

Please EA, think the voice chat through this time. Restricting it to squad only was a nightmare. I realize there are a lot more people in the game but if it follows the current games then even with 100 people there might be five with mics. But who knows? Half the time voice chat doesn't even work. That is the one thing I would say that EA messes up in every single battlefield game since they changed it from just being full team chat. There were games where I would fill up my entire team with friends and overflow into the next team. Used to be able just to run along and say hold the truck. Then you changed it to squad only. And then I heard no one. Ever. Please think it through. People with mics want to talk to each other. Making it so that a hundred people are just jumbled into a room is better than making it squad only. One MIGHT result in too much talking. The other one will definitely result in no one talking.

Message 1 of 8 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello @sendeth

I think that this will not be possible. My Guess is that if voice chat works for team, it will created Toxicity, Chaos, and bad words from half of the team... So new players will have bad experience as voice chat Is set to default, you need to turn it off manuály.

This way only Squad can hear IT si there Is no chaos in voice chat. Standard smile

_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 8 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have you played any of the battlefields that are restricted to squad only? I'm not trying to be a smart-* here I'm actually asking. To address the part about toxicity, this sounds more like your describing the Call of duty crowd where every single intermission is filled with 12-year-olds talking about how they banged my mom. I'm going to remain hopeful because that is not typically what I encounter with the battlefield crowd. Over the years I have found that the battlefield crowd is far less toxic than the Call of duty crowd. And the ones who actually play the game and use the voice communication are more likely to work as a team. With squad chat only, no one talks. There may be other people on the team with mics but you have to go through every single squad and look, hope the symbol is showing up properly, and then hope that voice chat is actually working this round. There's nothing automated.  I will go through hundreds and hundreds of players before I find a single person with a mic.

We should have the ability to select for different levels of communication. Even if it's open to the entire team there will be very few people with mic. 

I'm not pretending to have all the answers, I'm just hoping that they pay extra attention to it this time because it's been a train wreck for a long time. Trying to remember, I think it was bad company 2 that they switched.

Message 3 of 8 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Guide
@sendeth It would be cool to see 64 people chatting in one room)
Message 4 of 8 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

We do it at work all the time

Message 5 of 8 (1,259 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The PC player population may need some extra features in this area, as we otherwise already now on consoles can invite 15 other players to join live party chat sessions as we like.

It also works already cross gen platform for the Playstations PS4 and PS5.

What I think would though be more game related and relevant for the game play would be for EA to implement proper 'proximity' communication, so soldiers nearby can communicate with each other (as in real world) if they are close to each other, no matter of they are in the same squad or not.

That btw should also work for the enemy, so you would be able to hear enemies blabbing away, while you may be sneaking up on them and their camp fire with your blade drawn.  :o) 

Message 6 of 8 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What up team! 

I think they only have squad chat b/c most people don't talk. Why take the time to set-up a more robust coms system if the majority don't use it. However a good coms system is needed to coordinate a battleplan with so many people involved. If I remember correctly(unless it was a different game) at one time BF had coms with different channels. Team chat for squad leaders to coordinate, Squad chat for your fire team and you could talk to members of another squad within earshot. I hope Dice/EA adds a coms system something like what i suggested. It adds to game immersion and makes you feel like your part of the the larger force trying to achieve a goal.

Message 7 of 8 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Pro

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Squads-of-8-players-2x-Fireteams-of-4-for-128-players-m... As i pppropose here , we should have bigger squads divided into fireteam of 4 " free talk " should be fireteam of 4 only but there should be a COmmand chanel for Squad leader and platoon leader or OIC and also a Proximity chat push to talk as well or free talk whithin a vehicule with a random ...

Message 8 of 8 (1,202 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help