Re: Video of 5 Ways EA and PopCap COULD Revive The PvZ Franchise.

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

@stukapooka For the Cadet, that's why I mentioned just taking the station away and give her that air strike like ability where she can call down a crater maker from orbit that does heavy damage and traces a path on the ground (not steered by the player, just an automatic line of damage) before going away to replace station inflation. I enjoy Cadet on her own just fine, and this way we could get that crater maker ability in a form similar to Butter Barrage from GW2, although instead of a big AoE, it would be a smaller AoE that would draw a line from the target point and then end after a short time.

My biggest complaint about Electric Slide and Rose for that matter, is they both have abilities that make them so annoying to fight against, and especially with the upgrade that makes them heal as well. Absolutely awful to deal with. I still find it crazy that they made Rose more annoying than she can be in GW2!

I'd be cool with teleporters coming back on TT maps. the BfN TT maps are too narrow so I can see why they were taken out, but the maps shouldn't be that narrow anyway, so fix that and make teleporters a thing again. I miss the big flank fights we had in GW and GW2, so much more fun than always being on the cart or the point.

For the PvE stuff, they reduced the types of AI mobs far too much; no back up dancers or vampire zombies as just 2 examples. They need to use a larger variety of AI enemies to spice the free roam regions up and get rid of the wildflowers and TV heads as they are annoying and actually ruin the normal dynamic of how the basic AI are supposed to work. They should also make the spawns less predictable and add more sudden events to add excitement to the regions.

Message 11 of 14 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Iron_Guard8The space cadet idea is really fun and would give the zombie a variation of corns air strike without just ripping it off.

They somehow made rose even more aggravating to fight in bfn as combination of everything people hated about her seperate abilities and variants and I'm impressed.

Bfn maps are just really bad and too narrow to the point where flanking is pointless and the size of the maps doesn't benefit snipers. The sprinting sections also make you realize that no combat happens when moving from point to point unless a plant chooses to stay back and die.

Teleporters in gw1 maps helped reduce the chance of getting sniped on the way to the objective and some of them cut the travel time by almost 75%. In gw1 they were even in 2 of the final objectives as rewards for engineers who got through the bombardment from the ai artillery. Heck playing through pc on private play remastered and the defenders there in gw2 actually try to engage the enemy past the point by rushing to engage them head on.

I'm gonna say it: payload isn't fun and was a gimmicky ending minigame for a reason as it forces players to funnel on one objective for the entire game rather than think strategically and those matches always devolved into chili beans bombing the carts for team kills and this isn't tf2 where spies can disable enemy defenses being prepared for a push to help there teams, engineers can constantly move teles to help heavies reach tje front line faster, and being near the cart actually rewards attackers with health and ammo. (even worse since spawnables can push anyway).

Ive already explained why the lack of spawnables seriously hurts the game.

Message 12 of 14 (274 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I forgot to watch it till just now on break and I feel Redhead did a good job on his video and I especially agree with the communication aspect.

Communication during BfN's life cycle was poor. And while I don't expect them to answer every single post and tell us every little thing, it could have been much better than it was and is now as PvZ feels out in the cold as it were and it's one of very IPs I actually care about enough to put all this effort into! I've been playing most of these games since the first game launched on Steam all those years ago. We could use some decent discussions with the PopCap team(s) about PvZ3, the possibility of a future shooter and other games, and so on. 

Message 13 of 14 (247 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

So here is Redhead's points summed up, and my thoughts on them.

1. Remaster of Original Plants vs Zombies. This was the first game I ever played in the Plants vs Zombies franchise, and I have not played this game for ages since I started playing PvZ Shooters and Heroes, and I still do play those respective games. I would replay the original PvZ game if there was a remaster.
  2. Please Release Iceberg Lettuce. I totally agree with this. Iceberg Lettuce is basically complete, if not fully complete already from what I have seen, it just needs to be released and maybe have a final polish as well. It seems like a character I really would have enjoyed playing, and the upgrades looked awesome, meaning that I and others would have motivation to level it up quickly.
  3. All Changes Were Brought Over From Nintendo Switch to Other Version of The Game. This involves all the changes made to the Nintendo Switch version of the game, such as being able to purchase Rux items for Coins and all Prize Maps always being available. I feel that most of these changes should have been made to the other Consoles, and PC of course, when it was released on Switch. I was quite surprised when these changes were not added to the current platforms.
  4. Reopen the Plants vs Zombies Merch Shop. Not gonna lie, I did not know an official merch store existed. However, I knew that there was merchandise for Plants vs Zombies around the place. I do not see why it would have closed in the first place, and it seems that there was no specific reason for the closure. Reopening this merch shop would be cool as players would be able to easily buy some merchandise.
  5. Better Communication With The Fan Base. This seemed like a really important point to mention, and this point seemed revelant even since the beginning of last year or something like that. I and others in the community did not really know what to expect, and we would only rarely get teasers of what would be upcoming. I would be more excited if we got more frequent communication overall. Some of my other favourite games, which I have mentioned in the past, is the opposite, where we get communication almost too often, and even a State of the Game for all platforms at the end of every month.

Redhead did also mention stating that the developers should sort a PvZ Heroes friend list issue which was apparently patched in the last update but actually was not. I will not particularly mention it here as it applies to PvZ Heroes.

This game could have been handled better. I really did enjoy certain aspects of the game despite them not working out that well in game. If a new shooter was made, I hope they carry some of the aspects of the game over, such as Legendary Upgrades and characters, but also keep the GW2 fans happy by giving them a game that builds on GW2. They could maybe add Wizard and even Iceberg Lettuce to that game as well, and add some features of the Phase 3 Ops that was going to be implented into the game but was not added in the end.

The Grandmaster ranks have almost no value in the game, which is very frustrating at times. While I still want to max out all my characters to Grandmaster 5, there is no real reward for levelling your characters, apart from some Coins when getting another level (which Coins in itself loses value quite quickly). I honestly thought that a few upgrades would be added for levelling up your characters through Grandmaster, which way the idea was exciting at first, but that motivation was mostly lost when I figured out that there is no real reward for doing so.

I really wish Coins and Prize Bulbs did not lose their value so quickly, in GW2, Coins have so much value as you could even have about 10 Million Coins or something, but still have plenty of things to choose from and buy, whereas in BfN, that's about the time that Coins lose most, if not all, of their value by then (unless playing on Nintendo Switch). I thought the festivals in each month would be quite different in each year for at least a few years, but the developers ended up repeating the older Prize Maps instead, which I did not really expect.

But, probably the worst thing is that we did not get enough communication. It was hard to get excited about specific stuff as it was uncertain what was planning or what was happening in game at some points.

Anyway, hopefully they make another shooter or something. Thinking

Message 14 of 14 (213 Views)