Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Very slow

by AOD_XORNSTAR

Original Post

Very slow

★★ Newbie

As long as I stay still in the demo it seems to be running quite well, but as soon as I move its a slide show.  I turned all of the graphic settings to low and turned off what I could. Nothing.  I do have an older PC but I should still be able to run this.  Anyone else have this problem and have a fix?

Message 1 of 10 (384 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know what your setup is, but maybe it's a low memory problem (and the memory is occupied by other apps and services in the background running) or the streaming problem (the game is having a problem to fetch the new data fast)? Shutting down all the unnecessary apps and turning off the antivirus software temporarily may help.

Message 2 of 10 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I’m running it on a 2k+ pc and I’m still having the same issues. It keeps constantly stuttering and lagging. It used to rubberband as hell but now it’s mainly stutter and lags that is completely game breaking at least for me. I’m not aware that I have anything running in the background as I checked several times but I did see that sometimes the task manager picks up on a second anthem demo running in the background which shouldn’t happen. Try and monitor it as sometimes when u launch the game it launches one more exe in the background.
Message 3 of 10 (319 Views)

@SgtCullen wrote:
I’m running it on a 2k+ pc and I’m still having the same issues. It keeps constantly stuttering and lagging. It used to rubberband as hell but now it’s mainly stutter and lags that is completely game breaking at least for me. I’m not aware that I have anything running in the background as I checked several times but I did see that sometimes the task manager picks up on a second anthem demo running in the background which shouldn’t happen. Try and monitor it as sometimes when u launch the game it launches one more exe in the background.

How does your PC compare to the minimum specs, @SgtCullen ?

Anything problematic?

Minimum System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
RAM: 8 GB System Memory
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760, AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X
GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
HARD DRIVE: At least 50 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 4 of 10 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@zealottk wrote:

As long as I stay still in the demo it seems to be running quite well, but as soon as I move its a slide show.  I turned all of the graphic settings to low and turned off what I could. Nothing.  I do have an older PC but I should still be able to run this.  Anyone else have this problem and have a fix?

Sounds like an problem with texture streaming for me, because of to less RAM or to slow HDD or anther point to much RAM are occupied with other stuff like some scanning tools running in the background.

Or did you get an GTX970Ti with the * up Videoram problem?

Message 5 of 10 (292 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@SgtCullen wrote:

How does your PC compare to the minimum specs, @SgtCullen ?

Anything problematic?

Minimum System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
RAM: 8 GB System Memory
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760, AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X
GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
HARD DRIVE: At least 50 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

The game runs on ultra without issues but the stutter and lagging is there and it feels like it’s server related but maybe I’m wrong. The alpha ran on ultra very smoothly but I’m not aware they changed much graphics-wise. I was getting about 80fps and above

Message 6 of 10 (274 Views)

★★ Newbie

I’m have the same issue. At first it runs smooth then it lags and goes super choppy.

Message 7 of 10 (242 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Runs great on Xbox 1X  Wink

Message 8 of 10 (214 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
Might be server overloaded so causing some stutter etc
Message 9 of 10 (175 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You think so Huh. I was unable to move in game once loaded without absolutely lagging the hell out of it.
Message 10 of 10 (170 Views)
Twitter Stream