Re: Vent about Legends misused

by MuteLunatic

Original Post

Vent about Legends misused

★★★★★ Expert

I know the lot, like me, have played with randoms. In those matches you might've come across people choosing a legend but not getting the character or just not using their abilities (properly). 

I know I know, it's a new games and there are even newer people, but come on, as a lvl 5+ you should know at least the most common abilities from most used characters. 

I'm not talking about using the portal of Wraith for instance. That requires skill and knowledge to use. But while on that subject, placing the two portals 10 feet from each other is noobish. What's worse is doing it 2 times in 1 game...

but the real issue is people actually choosing lifeline and not healing teammates or themselves for that matter with the drone. Why would you choose a med class if you're not gonna apply heals! It's just frustrating looking at her face and seeing she's not gonna use the drone so you have to waste precious first aids or medpacks... all the while thinking 'I hope you get shot in the face and die, see if I'll revive you'

who shares this frustration!

Message 1 of 8 (530 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Lifeline seems to be the most popular Legend and the most common to also have high kills or other stats on. I do question how often people choose her for just personal healing.

Message 2 of 8 (504 Views)

★★★ Novice

I play with a lifeline allot in Voice comms.  DOC is not up as often as you think.  Especially if you just win fight and are looting.   Chances are lifeline popped it during or right after the fight.  Its not their responsibility to come bring it to you.  If you want the healing then go-to lifeline right after the fight rather than looting.

Message 3 of 8 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MuteLunatic I know... or at least think you're trying to bring some perspective into this thread, but no, you couldn't be more wrong on two fronts.

1) what are you talking about that the D.O.C Drone doesn't come up often? It takes 60 seconds to come up again. I think that's more than enough time in matches which averages 15 mins.

2) this piece is not as much an attack on you, but more about your 'go to them' statement, so I ask you beforehand not to think the worst. If I see that my teammates are any good, I'll stick with them, if not, I'll ditch them in a heartbeat. I define 'any good' as being able to properly shoot and utilize the skills. If you're a medic and you don't heal others, or yourself for that matter, you're no good. If you can't even walk up 20-50m to heal your teammate, you shouldn't be a medic.

I play as lifeline alot too. That's why I know what I'm talking about. She's one of my 3 mains. I'm talking bout ppl actually choosing her who can shoot so I stick with them, but never, and no they haven't used it after or before a fight cause I actually stick close. I never hear her deploying it, never seen it and she actually heals herself with syringes/med packs. So yeah... I'm talking bout those players.

Message 4 of 8 (418 Views)

★★★ Novice

60 seconds is ages compared to most other tactical skills.   I get the feeling the original person though that DOC was up every 10 seconds like many of the others and it isn't.   I don't play much solo so I can't really speak to that but there are many many times that I need some healing but get greedy and start looting and by the time I'm done DOC is gone.   This is while in comms with my buddy who mains Lifeline who tells me when he's using it.   You just get wrapped up on lookin for that perfect mod and you'll just check one last box and next thing you know your relying on syringes.  

My main point was just because DOC isn't available to you on demand doesn't mean who you are playing with is bad they certainly might be but don't just assume it because they didn't heal you that one time.   I definitely wouldn't agree with splitting unless they do something like sit in the gas.  At the very least bad shots are useful as bait I know because that seems to be my main role.   To grapple in with pathfinder live as long as I can causing a ruckus and letting my actual good teamates kill everyone.  *Note* I may be part of the problem more than a solution

Message 5 of 8 (351 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Original person? Do you mean original poster of this thread, cause that was me :P
I know in comparison to other tacticals that the DOC drone takes longer. But I'm really not talking about comparisons here. I'm actually talking about teammates not using it. And to be frank I mean really. Not. Using. It. I pay attention to everything that surrounds me. Even if I hear a random noise that I don't recognise I stand still and try to determine what it is before I get randomly shot in the back.

You may hold onto your opinion as do I. If a medic doesn't heal his teammate, he's not a bad player. But if he doesn't utilise his capabilities after being lvl 5 in this game, at least for me, I consider that person to be a bad teammate. To also do something stupid as to run towards 3 guys firing, come on. How is that not a bad played XD.

To embolden my statement. It isn't one time... it's happends dozens... (yes I've played alot) of times. I'm an agressive player. If I have 7+ kills and we're at the 17 minute mark and he hasn't healed either me or the other teammate. Come on, that defies logic and certainly voids the 'that one time' comment. Especially if you actually run up to him... he should know you should want some heal (very subjective). OW WAIT, I forgot, I've had matches where lifelines hadn't even dropped the carepackage... AFTER 10 MINUTES!

They are useful as bait, you got that right, but see it like this. You're in cover. Lets say a house... I spot enemies so my teammates know where they are. The bait charges towards them... there's no flanking position to go to... bait gets taken out and me and teammate are like... yea... we can try and take him or try and wait for them... suddenly another team flanks us cause they saw bait running... yeah screw bait xD
Message 6 of 8 (322 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Give it a couple weeks mate. The game just came out. Im pretty sure everyone when first playing wraith put both portal right next to one another. Also the level of a player doesnt represent their time played since levels are shared across legends.

Message 7 of 8 (309 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RockScorpion384, I'm really impatient to wait that long xD. In a few weeks I'll have crackdown 3, Trials Rising, Metro Exodus, Anthem and a whole slew of other games keeping me occupied! I want them to learn it now while I still addictively play this game.

Yeah... still see people doing that portal thing... I'm guilty of that too the first time. I thought, okay good got my first portal placed only to find the 'RT (I'm on xbox)' button placed the second one... but in my defence, first time playing wraith and it was my first match XD.
Message 8 of 8 (272 Views)