Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Vault limit / update added +20 to my item count????

by 5icedice

Original Post

Vault limit / update added +20 to my item count????

★★★★ Novice

This is outright trolling.

I hoped that this INSANELY STUPID LOW LIMIT ON VAULT WHICH IS SUPER ANNOYING WILL BE raised but instead......

I had around 245/250 before patch and after patch it immediately started at 265/250 forcing to salvage many items.

Now this stupid limit was INCREDIBLY ANNOYING BEFORE making me thinking to stop playing this game by in itself.

As how could anybody think that 250 is enough in this game for anything.

Can you understand that it is NOT FUN to be forced to make puzzles of what to salvage just to be able to play and  just to be able to hold like 2-3 version of items which are meaningful?

(like one for +high damage, one for +high recharge rate or +x% charges  or + ultimate speed)

DO NOT DARE to say not to hoard as somebody disgustingly suggested this in a reddit forum about vault limit.

Just wtf should sb do with a looter game? Yes i want to "hoard" 2 version from one gear p.e ....For every gear if i  would like to.

Is it so hard to raise some numbers????????

But if it is at least do not make it worse.

Is this a bug or what?

Are the consumables added to it now? I can't understand. 244 was bad enough ... i made my playing rarer and rarer just because i don't want to micromanage items.

(It is annoying. In a loot game it should be natural to have even 10-20 variants of an item with search filters and such........)

Was this miscounted always?

Is it strange to have 2-3 variety of every gear? And 1-2 on components if they are meaningful?

Do you want to force us to salvage meaningful stats just to wait for rng for better items while dropping out already good items?

It would be very bad intention....

Now the limit wasn't always trustworthy. I noticed that sometimes it did not remove count after salvaging, and sometimes maybe it did not add count?

But again it is wrong

Just raise that integer for vault limit already.... and if it is not so easy at least do not make it worse with bugs or who knows what.....

BR,

Message 1 of 13 (304 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

wait til you do a mission, it'll say you have 20 less on the salvage screen..... then they will be back when in tarsis at the vault or javelin page......they should just give us 500 limit space...

Message 2 of 13 (300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@5icedice wrote:

wait til you do a mission, it'll say you have 20 less on the salvage screen..... then they will be back when in tarsis at the vault or javelin page......they should just give us 500 limit space...

Sadly, I don't even think that would be enough.

I'd LIKE to have UNLIMITED inventory in a "loot based" game.

-edit to add: I'd SETTLE for having 250 Inventory PER JAVELIN, probably at a minimum.

I'd like to have enough space for 5 load outs on each javelin without having to micromanage loot after EVERY mission. 

MAYBE there is some plan to increase vault storage over time, as Fort Tarsis opens up more areas... Which is an interesting idea, on paper, for an RPG or a Survival game, where you expect that kind of progression.

Something like that isn't going to work in a game that's heavily loot oriented and heavily RNG.

Inventory space is the number one game killer for me.

Doesn't matter how much I love a game if I gotta spend more time trying to decide what to delete and what to keep than actually playing the game to get that stuff.

Message 3 of 13 (280 Views)

Champion

From what I understand, the universal components used to not count towards the limit. Now they do.

Regarding raising the cap, I think they’ve said that they’re looking into it, but it’s not as simple as it sounds, likely due to the impact it would have on database performance.

Still, I agree that it should be at least 350-400 slots per pilot (if not all the way back to 600 we had in the demo). Constantly having the Vault capacity warning pop up on my screen, and having to run back the Vault after every expedition to spend several minutes figuring out what to salvage next, is by far the single most annoying thing about the game for me (moreso than even the Pilot Data Error).

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 4 of 13 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Had the same problem. Was under the limit when I logged off the other day. Then log in today to check out the new stronghold but oh no. Had to sit in the forge and sift through everything to clear space first. Have to say this is just moronic. We didn't have enough space to begin with, but now we essentially have less. Do they not understand what a looter shooter is? You kill shet and hoard your spoils! I'm starting to think they are incapable of doing an update without screwing something else up in the process. Not to mention it's really not much of an update. Might as well throw out the content timeline at this point. Think it's time to take a break from this broken Anthem and give Bioware 6 months or so to get it together. Not really much point in playing when you don't have room for loot even on the off chance something good does drop. Not to mention I'm really getting bored of grinding the same little pool of content over and over. Was really hoping they were going to drop the rest of the content for the month but surprise! Anyway, I'm out! Peace

Message 5 of 13 (235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@cake404 wrote:

From what I understand, the universal components used to not count towards the limit. Now they do.

Regarding raising the cap, I think they’ve said that they’re looking into it, but it’s not as simple as it sounds, likely due to the impact it would have on database performance.

Still, I agree that it should be at least 350-400 slots per pilot (if not all the way back to 600 we had in the demo). Constantly having the Vault capacity warning pop up on my screen, and having to run back the Vault after every expedition to spend several minutes figuring out what to salvage next, is by far the single most annoying thing about the game for me (moreso than even the Pilot Data Error).

I've never really bought the BS that vault space can't be increased in ANY game. Fortnite only reinforced my belief by essentially allowing the player to expand their inventory indefinitely. I currently have 1500 inventory slots and each blueprint has several random perks. The only way I can see there being a limitation is if they have maxed the console memory out. But with how fast they threw Anthem together, I'd bet that it's just mismanaged memory usage. Like seriously 250 shared slots in an RNG looter shooter lol wake up.

Message 6 of 13 (227 Views)

★★ Guide
I don't know why but after the update my inventory was at 505 / 250. I think it could have something to do with crafting purple Components, I'm unsure. Don't craft any more purple Components though I think it screws up the inventory somehow. I salvaged all purple Components on all javelins and still had 325 / 250. You're just going to have to salvage even more stuff. I used a calculator to count all the items I had after I deleted my purple Components, and I was indeed at 325 items total. I had to delete about 75 items. Most of them were masterworks with good Inscriptions. I chose to keep the Legendaries because the higher javelin power level meant better combo damage, melee damage, electric explosions and other secondary explosions that don't have a listed damage number. ultimate damage, and I suspect better drops too. Annoying but anyway at this point it's no use collecting items to experiment with, especially Components since they'll never fix the fact that javelin power level is directly tied to how much damage you're dealing
Message 7 of 13 (207 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't know! I found sitting for 20 minutes sifting through everything, and salvaging legendary items before being able to play, exhilarating !

Message 8 of 13 (189 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got this message too and noticed that my item count didn't match the number of items on hand. It said I had 8 machine pistols but only 5 appear in my vault. I had 5 interceptor items (I don't remember what they are) when I actually have 2. The vault limit is far too low especially when every Javelin's items count towards it even though they are specific to only that Jav. Unless the idea is that I'm supposed to trash all the stuff below MW level. Was that their intention? Who knows.

Message 9 of 13 (182 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I cant believe you got the Demo to work. Congrats.
Message 10 of 13 (154 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help