Re: Variant agreement

by GodlyGamerBEAST

Original Post

Variant agreement

★ Guide

Some people I know still want variants to come back, and we know they are never coming back. But I have an idea, instead of making individual new characters, they can add an upgrade preferably 4 or 5 points that gives your attack some sort of special effect, such as with the peashooter, they can add an upgrade, 4 or 5 points called fire pea that would make his peas on fire, Dealing Chip damage. You could do these for all the characters, you could give rose an upgrade that makes her shots icy, slowing down her enemies when she shoots them. Popcap probably wont implement this into the game. but, just speaking for the people who still want variants. Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 8 (478 Views)

★★★ Pro

@GodlyGamerBEAST 

That's actually a great idea.

It seems that PopCap are periodically releasing new Legendary Upgrades and soon there will be one for each class.

Message 2 of 8 (451 Views)

Champion

You mean kind of making variant characters at a cost of upgrade points, similar to legendary upgrades? Sounds interesting. Angel

Message 3 of 8 (420 Views)

★★★ Guide
Message 4 of 8 (396 Views)

★★ Guide

I would argue against that.

Simply adding elemental effects onto it would be broken and

they would need to be balanced in a way.

If they where to balance them it would eat up alot of

unecessary balancing resources.

It would also cause elemental characters like slide and Snapdragon to

become less unique

Message 5 of 8 (366 Views)

★★ Expert
@Lybry_Book Yh, which is why they took snapdragon's fire being able to kill people away. Because no other zombie had a fire elemental weapon it was unfair.
And I would say that these legendary upgrades shouldn't have an elemental aspect, rather to just have a different 'feel'. E.G. Shogun Guard - Commando Corn, but instead of just creating these variants they are trying to make it more unique i.e. steam blaster isn't just a chemist. It's a blend of alien flower aswell
Message 6 of 8 (359 Views)

★ Guide
@Lybry_Book In my opinion it wouldn't be broken, you could have some more useful upgrades rater than having an elemental power take up 5 points. The elemental powers wouldn't be that strong either, they would add a bit of extra firepower, but wouldn't make the character broken.
Message 7 of 8 (318 Views)

★ Guide
@Joseph2004045 OK THEN
Message 8 of 8 (317 Views)