Re: Vantage seems kind of boring

by Gabrielmojo26

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@KelRiever Think she's gonna suffer as well. Curious if devs will nerf quick jump in mid patch.

Message 21 of 38 (348 Views)

★★ Guide

Albralelie on Twitch is playing Vantage right now, he's good with new legends, figuring out their ways.  He makes her seem OP but it's because people haven't figured out counters yet, but he is making crazy use of her movement.  He's breaking ankles and repositioning in alarmingly surprising ways (scarier than Valk's jetpack)

Message 22 of 38 (340 Views)

★ Expert
@Nurrffed Shhhhhh! This is how legends get nerfed into the ground lolol. Watching some good players utilize her, and they're saying A tier for sure. Who doesn't want a pocket kraber as a 3rd weapon that regens 1 shot every minute or so....i mean this is a no brainer to me anyways.
Message 23 of 38 (319 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Gabrielmojo26 Most Vantage players I run into or pick her on my team tend to be low lvls "nothing special needed to deal with em", so guess it will be a awhile before devs see the disconnect and eventually cave to whatever the pros say some day in the future. Main group to worry about aside is the Charge rifle haters, think more people will consider 3 tapping with ult for quick down "4th tap instant death box cause i love seeing people run like chickens despite how wasteful it". Devs nerfed Kraber despite saying they wern't looking for a damage nerf and confirmed nerf for charge in future. Really don't want Savant to have same faith.

Message 24 of 38 (308 Views)

★ Expert
@jaygates879 90% of Vantage players on my team are trying to use echo as an escape route mid fight, when they should be strategically placing echo prior to moving in. The better players I’ve been watching are mostly using echo to rush in after they’ve cracked shield with the ult. She’s dubbed as a recon for obvious reasons, but seems very much so oriented as an offensive legend imo. The sights on her ult is very forgiving, been landing most of my shots, early game, grey shields are being melted and downed in 2-3 shots, and with the circle closing early, that’s an indirect buff for Vantage, gatekeep and aim down sight lol
Message 25 of 38 (302 Views)

★★★ Expert

@jaygates879 I know a lot of people are on about the bat, which does seem to take learning how to use properly, but I'm becoming more and more about her rifle.

It's a 3x/8x, and I find the 3x much better than a 2 or 4x. It's also pretty easy to hit with, does descent enough damage and potentially giving you 5 shots with no reload necessary, and then all the rest like marking targets, etc.  That it tracks targets is amazing, making picking them out easier than ever.  While there are more OP ults, this one is, to me, one of the better in the game for usefulness and fun.

I think its pug team mates who don't make the most of her identifying targets or her playstyle.  So many people want to run and gun that they just will do their typical 2v3 charge, not even waiting for her to pick targets out.  But for those team mates who do at least wait, often get well rewarded for their 2 seconds or so of patience.  I've more assists than ever with Vantage, which I'm fine with.

Message 26 of 38 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

After playing for 6 hours straight, I don’t think Vantage is OP however, having 20 of them in a lobby is annoying.

Btw you can do this trick with echo where you can place a heat shield over it and control it. Lol.

Message 27 of 38 (259 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cheese9Man  et all,

I would not do this Echo trick as that looks like an unintended effect/glitch and could land you in the Ban wagon. 

I really do not want to see any of you here posting I've been unfairly banned or I've been banned and IDK why if you do this.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 28 of 38 (254 Views)

★★ Expert
@Asmodeus566 Not gonna be a problem for me, as usual I haven't even bought the new legend. Almost 1m LT's but... can't bother and don't want to play these dumb legends by random.
Message 29 of 38 (245 Views)

★★ Expert

I miss Wattson's dumb jokes. This Vantage is hella annoying!

Message 30 of 38 (210 Views)