Re: VW Beatle Build

by BLVD69

Original Post

VW Beatle Build

★★★★ Apprentice

I have been asked numerous times to make videos/upload my Beatle build to the famous interwebz. I might eventually make a video. I was reluctant at first to post my build. But its still extremely hard to drive. Takes an extreme amount of practice to pull off

First I will List the build. Then I will describe how to drive it

Build

646 HP 1.5l l3 Hybrid 

0-60 MPH 1.73

Torque 677

Top Speed 231

Parts

Track Suspension

Track Differential

Race Tires

Pro Brake

Elite Plus Gearbox

6 speed

Tuning

dead center steering

downforce all the way low

traction off

brake to drift

Turning

You cannot successfully drive this vehicle with a keyboard and mouse. You need fine precision of a controller/wheel (i use controller) Most corners/turns you can complete with only gas drifting. Sometimes you can just power through (trickster is a good race for this) When completing a turn I generally have the left joystick smashed in one direction. Rarely do I ever touch the brake. And i NEVER touch the ebrake

Driving Straight

There is a trick to this?!?! you bet! All races you never truly have a straight stretch. Usually its very curvy. So to avoid doing donuts in your new ride you want to slightly and barely touch the left joystick to turn. Very slowly push in. and stop 1/4 1/2 way pushing in. Or you will donut!!!!!!! The only time I ever mash left or right is for turning

How to consistently beat RSR/Mclarean F1

This is no easy feat especially if they are competent drivers. Your top end isnt as good. And you can easily spin out. So how do I do it?!?! Its all about the timing of NOS after mastering the turning. The Beatle is by far the fastest 0-60 in game. Thats the advantage you will abuse. Almost EVERY corner you want to power through then NOS out of. That quick demon burst of speed ensures 1st place. If you are racing well and NOSing out of corners you will consistently pull ahead.

DO NOT try to win on straight-aways Top speed is 230(233 with nos) and it takes a second to reach max w/o nos. Your only hope on straights is to have made enough distance on corners

Message 1 of 2 (272 Views)

Re: VW Beatle Build

★★ Expert

@FlickMyBic 

As in any racing, game curves are always mandatory for skill practice.

Thankfully curves are never a problem once one learns the tracks over and over by practice and former driving skill.

I always eye the road ahead of where I will be and react accordingly. 

knowing when to nos is always key too.  

Short Straights are not good nos points, but that longer stretches that's where I amp the nos.

Also, I test a wide variety of cars first as to how they perform and play with performance parts when building my cars.

I always test my cars to push them to the maximum level of performance.

Riding walls in races still work on certain events.

Well hey, thanks for sharing your info to help the community.

Take care and have a great day.

Message 2 of 2 (233 Views)