VR Support for F1 2022

by format1962

Original Post

Re: VR Support for F1 2022

★★ Apprentice
@antonmorse Oculus Quest 2 functions as a "Rift" device on PC, and is still in active sale.

Its also why I asked for additional clarification for people such as yourself who use WMR headsets.

Ideally, HTC Vive support should mean full SteamVR support. As like I said in my post above, HTC Vive was/is a native SteamVR headset.
Message 11 of 99 (2,889 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Ialyrn,

Unfortunately, there is no more information available than the info that has been posted on our website. But I appreciate the feedback and I'll make sure to pass it on to the teams.

Thanks.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 12 of 99 (2,821 Views)

★★ Novice

This is vital information for me if I'm gonna purchase the game or not. I've moved over to racing in VR only so if my HP Reverb G2 doesn't work in F1 2022 I will not get it. Hence I want to be sure that it does before I purchase. I can stick to iRacing and AC(C) but I really love F1 more than any other racing so I do hope it will work.

Message 13 of 99 (2,713 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've said this a couple of times already, and I don't work for CM/EA, but it will 100% work with Reverb and all WMR headsets.  Anything that works with SteamVR does, and Vive is SteamVR.

Message 14 of 99 (2,670 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@moogleslam wrote:

I've said this a couple of times already, and I don't work for CM/EA, but it will 100% work with Reverb and all WMR headsets.  Anything that works with SteamVR does, and Vive is SteamVR.

What if you buy the game on Origin?

Message 15 of 99 (2,652 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can anyone please clarify, where exactly has it been stated which headsets will be supported?

On Steam, so far it only says 'VR — Get the ultimate immersive F1® experience with virtual reality compatibility on PC that lets you feel the drama of the race from right inside the cockpit.'

I've seen Rift and Vive mentioned here, but not actually read it officially. Where exactly have CM/EA given more detail on this?

Thanks

Message 16 of 99 (2,637 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@antonmorse wrote:

Can anyone please clarify, where exactly has it been stated which headsets will be supported?

On Steam, so far it only says 'VR — Get the ultimate immersive F1® experience with virtual reality compatibility on PC that lets you feel the drama of the race from right inside the cockpit.'

I've seen Rift and Vive mentioned here, but not actually read it officially. Where exactly have CM/EA given more detail on this?

Thanks

That's all that's in print.

Message 17 of 99 (2,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@antonmorse wrote:

.'

I've seen Rift and Vive mentioned here, but not actually read it officially.

See here for what we've had so far in terms of official info. (paragraph 7).

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-22/news/f1-22-announce

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 99 (2,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Ultrasonic_77 wrote:

See here for what we've had so far in terms of official info. (paragraph 7).

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-22/news/f1-22-announce

Thank you for that, so it does actually say:

'F1® 22 also includes VR compatibility on PC via Oculus Rift and HTC Vive to give you the ultimate immersive F1® experience'.

In which case, I ask Codemasters/EA, to please be sure to officially support WMR / Reverb G2, as it is a current and popular headset. (Rift is not even a current headset anymore - ok a Quest will presumably work but still, they seem to be behind the times quoting the Rift; and expecting us to assume our G2 is ok just because it works on Vive, is NOT customer oriented). 

I know others here state it is 'bound to work as it is steamvr', but I for one have several games that are 'Vive compatible' but the WMR/G2 controllers simply do not work correctly. OK, the controllers are probably less of a problem in a race game that should be controllable via steering wheel buttons, but nevertheless, CM/EA should surely be recognising and stating official support for the G2.

I will wait with interest, and hope to read that F1 '22 works well with the G2 before I buy it.

Message 19 of 99 (2,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_LeeuwIs there any update on the points I rasied?

I am waiting to be able to preorder the game to show support for VR being added this year, but until I know if Steam or Origin version support the OculusAPI directly; I cant. As I dont know which digital store to by the game on.

This SERIOUSLY needs expanding on more so people can make informed purchasing decisions.

Message 20 of 99 (2,444 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help