VR Support for F1 2022

by format1962

Original Post

Accepted Solution

VR Support for F1 2022

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys

im hearing that the new F1 2022 game will have VR support. I’m just checking as I haven’t bought this game for the last 2 years due to it not having this.

can someone please confirm that this years game will have VR support as I will preorder it now if it does. I own all of the previous games going back to 2019 but stopped due to no support. If it can be confirmed for sure that would be great.

thanks guys.

Ken

Message 1 of 99 (9,578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: VR Support for F1 2022

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

We have an updated list of compatible PC VR headsets.

The official supported headsets are:

• Oculus Quest 2 + Link
  • Oculus Rift S
  • HTC Cosmos
  • HTC Vive Pro
  • Valve Index

More information regarding official compatible steering wheels and VR headsets is available on our website.

Thanks. 🏎

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 62 of 99 (6,982 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @format1962,

Welcome!

Yep! F1® 22 also includes VR compatibility on PC via Oculus Rift and HTC Vive to give you the ultimate immersive F1® experience.

More information regarding the recently announced F1® 22 can also be found on our website here and our forum, here.

Happy racing!

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 99 (9,534 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any hope for Ps5 VR support? i already preordered the game and don't have a pc to play it

Message 3 of 99 (9,497 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe with the PS VR 2 Release when it comes

Message 4 of 99 (9,449 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I said “PS VR2” but the PS VR 1 is already available, so why it should not be compatible?

Message 5 of 99 (9,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This might sound daft (but all this technology baffles me now I’m getting old) but it says rift and vive.  Will they be the only compatible headsets or will I be able to use my quest via virtual desktop like I normally do?

Message 6 of 99 (9,399 Views)

★★ Guide

Did you guys simply forget to mention the Reverb G2?

Message 7 of 99 (9,379 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If it works with Vive, it will work with WMR headsets as well.  

Message 8 of 99 (9,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Leeuw   This is a copy and paste from a post I made over on the Codemasters forums when the game was annouced. I am hoping you can help to clarify these things for the VR users, as there is a lot of confusion currently about just what is and isnt supported.

----------------------------------------

I am seeing a lot of people wonder just what VR headsets will actually work with the game. Especially on the Steam Forums. As HTC Vive is clearly stated, that is SteamVR as a platform yes?
HTCVive was created to fuction directly through SteamVR natively. Would you be able to look into having these things clarified, as the confusion isnt good.

Things that need clarifying.

Is the Oculus API included in the EA Origin version of the game and the Steam version of the game

Is the SteamVR API included in the EA Origin version of the game

If SteamVR is supported, will any headset that works through SteamVR work with the game (which is usually the case for titles that offer VR intergration via SteamVR)

The VR landscape is vastly bigger than just 2 headsets, and Oculus and HTC havnt been the only 2 players on the hardware scene for a very long time now.

You have Valve Index (native SteamVR HDM by steam), Samsung Odyssey, HP Reverb/G2, Pimax (and more). All of which can be used via SteamVR. So this issue really needs some public clarification.

The way things usually work is that anything that can run through SteamVR, either natively or via platform linking. Will work with any steamVR title. This includes Windows Mixed Reality headsets such as the HP ReverbG2 and Samsung odyssey headsets.

Its actually very important to know what VR functionality is like on each PC store, this also includes "EPIC"; which I only just noticed is selling F1 22 this year. It is super important to know what platforms offer which VR API's. I can not stress enough how important it is that both OculusAPI and SteamVR are supported. Just like in Dirt Rally 2.0. Preferably with a start up option to run the game on a montior, Oculus, or SteamVR. Again, just like Dirt Rally 2.0. This is regardless of which PC store the game is purchased through.

Oculus Headsets do not always work well when running on a VR platform outside of their own API, so you will push out a large portion of the VR playerbase instantly if the Oculus API is not supported independantly.

And if SteamVR isnt directly supported also, you will push out the rest of the VR playerbase on SteamVR and WMR.

Message 9 of 99 (9,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

it's disappointing that the Reverb G2 has been ignored on release (Windows Mixed Reality).

After all, the Rift is no longer currently available to buy (new) & the G2 is one of the current popular headsets.

I will certainly watch this game with interest, but will hold off buying it until it officially supports the G2.

Message 10 of 99 (9,265 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help