Re: VR Support/Voice Chat On Origin?

by animegamer10101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

VR Support/Voice Chat On Origin?

★★ Novice

I'm relatively new to gaming on PC, so bear with me here as I clearly don't know a whole lot about these things. I want to be able to play this game in VR (I have an Oculus Rift S). If I bought this game through the Origin store, would I still be able to play in VR? How would it work? Would I have to add it to my Oculus library? Should I save the trouble and buy it on Steam? I am paying for EA Play on Origin and I don't want my EA games split between the two apps. Also, does anyone know if the game will have in-game voice chat?

Message 1 of 10 (3,338 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Hey @J-Mac1361 

Yes you can play in VR on Origin or Steam and the game should work without any special requirements, pretty much plug n play.

If you have EA Play then I think you will still need to purchase the game to play it other than playing any trial period, at least until the game enters the vault.

Yes the game has in-game voice chat. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,303 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hey @J-Mac1361 

Yes you can play in VR on Origin or Steam and the game should work without any special requirements, pretty much plug n play.

If you have EA Play then I think you will still need to purchase the game to play it other than playing any trial period, at least until the game enters the vault.

Yes the game has in-game voice chat. Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (3,304 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@CarbonCarl What about Epic games store Vr via a Rift S?
Message 3 of 10 (3,251 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@SILENCE_UK The game supports the Rift S so if the game is available on the Epic store then it should work fine.
Message 4 of 10 (3,246 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There is currently no game on the epic game store that uses vr. So I don’t think it’s as simple as saying it will work cos it’s on pc. The Xbox version has no vr support after all the store needs to be able to launch the game in a way the headset and oculus framework understands. 

Message 5 of 10 (3,242 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@SILENCE_UK My apologies, I assumed the Epic game store itself supported VR but it actually doesn't.
You will need to run it through the Oculus App along with any other VR games on the Epic store.

I'm just curious tho, what makes you want to buy it on the Epic store and not Steam or Origin?
Message 6 of 10 (3,228 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

have a £10 discount there currently  and yh its frustrating being fobbed off by epic to ea and bk again

Message 7 of 10 (3,225 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@SILENCE_UK Yeh I understand, neither make life easy sometimes.
Message 8 of 10 (3,215 Views)

★★ Novice

@SILENCE_UK Subnautica on Epic Store has VR support. In fact you have to do workarounds to prevent it from trying to launch SteamVR each time you start up the Epic Store version.

Message 9 of 10 (3,031 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a rift s and I pre ordered the new star wars squadrons game will I able to play it on my VR and if I could how to do it?

Message 10 of 10 (2,783 Views)