Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

VOIP and why does no one have/use it?!

by Darcantix

Original Post

Re: VOIP and why does no one have/use it?!

★★★★ Novice

well me and another guy i came across in voip ended up spending about 3 hours free playing, so there are ppl out there that auto set to everyone's a douche. says a lot for the state of the world these days tho, that ppl automatically expect the worst. but we were both frustrated and baffled at the lack of ppl using game chat. b/c even if you have it set to p2t you can hear others when they do. i do actually play nice with others, as i said.  do you really think i'd be asking why no one uses it if i was being a c*nt in game over voice?

Message 11 of 18 (199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm mostly a PC gamer but also have a ps4 and switch. Same thing in Apex no one talks. I find it an utter joke that MOST PC players don't speak, honestly you have no idea how triggered i get on this or mostly apex when 9/10 times no one in my team speaks. As a Brit I expect everyone to speak English lol but as most people know most non UK gamers generally seem to speak English so i just can't understand it. maybe my main played games which are MMO's foreign people are just better at English than the plebs who play fps games etc? but on PS4 far more people seem to speak on mics than ever do on PC and i'm sure more PC gamers have a headset than console gamers...

Message 12 of 18 (186 Views)

★★★★ Novice

HUH maybe its all the english speakers in NON commonwealth countries that have trouble with the concept, apparently the only 2 ppl on post that agree with me are me(aussie) and the englishman

Message 13 of 18 (149 Views)

★★ Guide

It also turns out there's this super duper awesome feature where coms don't even work at all for some players. 

Message 14 of 18 (144 Views)

Hero

I tend do disable VOIP as soon as I launch a game. That's because instead of talking, people just like to vacuum clean their mics or broadcast their terrible music.

I don't work for EA.

Message 15 of 18 (141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp wrote:

I tend do disable VOIP as soon as I launch a game. That's because instead of talking, people just like to vacuum clean their mics or broadcast their terrible music.

Pretty much that, and people chewing loudly in the most disgusting fashion possible, possible insult, or low IQ people screeching.

Long story short, many of us are simply not interested in hearing any of you, or have any conversation with strangers. Standard smile

Message 16 of 18 (118 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's not working. I have to use discord in order to hear my friends. They can hear people and I can't. I have tried toggling VoIP and everything that has been put out there that I have found. I can see his voice icon come up on the left side of the screen but mine does not. 

Message 17 of 18 (82 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

By the way this has been the case with the majority of partial groups we have run into. One person in my group and theirs can talk but two can not.

Message 18 of 18 (74 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help