Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

VOIP and why does no one have/use it?!

by Darcantix

Original Post

Highlighted

VOIP and why does no one have/use it?!

★★★★ Novice

pretty much what the topic says. i've encountered FOUR ppl that have used the in game voip. i cant understand how many pc gamers apparently don't have headphones, $30 will fix the problem. that or its ppl being too stupid to relise its in game and its T by default. i'd love for ea/bioware to implement a filter that lets you choose if your teamed up with voip capable players.

Message 1 of 18 (501 Views)

Re: VOIP and why does no one have/use it?!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ya, I just hit level 11 and I haven't heard a single person say anything at any point, ever ... I assumed it wasn't working :D

Message 2 of 18 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

no man, its working. like i said i feels like ppl are either too cheap to have headphones or too stupid to use it.

Message 3 of 18 (496 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That’s a bit harsh. I just think people don’t tend to use in game voip because of strangers. They tend to use discord with mates.
Message 4 of 18 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Or you know they just don't want to use it and shouldn't have to be forced into using it.

But yes, let's immediately jump straight to "they can't afford a mic or are too stupid to use it"

Message 5 of 18 (484 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@spikeruled wrote:
That’s a bit harsh. I just think people don’t tend to use in game voip because of strangers. They tend to use discord with mates.

This, I pretty much never use in-game voice. Whenever I attach my headset and jump to voice, it'll be with friends on Discord.

And looking at OP's attitude, I wouldn't want to be in same voice chat.

Message 6 of 18 (460 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i phrased it that way in hopes of being proven wrong. turns out ppl are just ignorant and antisocial (see what i did there)

Message 7 of 18 (451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And you wonder why no one wants to speak to you...

Message 8 of 18 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

lol you really think i'm like that in game? *shrugs*  well evidently. the post was more made out of frustration at the fact that ppl would be blind matched, and then just seemed to scatter at the start of a match. its frustrating following ppl around doing missions and quests with no way of communicating.

Message 9 of 18 (447 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You're being condescending and rude online. Not that that's surprising, but if you're like this on the forums, you'd likely be condescending and rude in game as well. People aren't stupid, they see patterns and learn from them. For example, seeing that 9/10 people online they meet are jerks therefore they stick with people they already know aren't until someone proves otherwise and then that person is added to the "not a *" list of friends. With no text chat, it's much more of a risk / annoyance to check if someone is a *. If you wanted people to play with in VOIP, maybe next time don't start with "people are poor or stupid". You'll make more friends.

Message 10 of 18 (441 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help