Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

VIP Demo, not very encouraging...

by XxBlazingKnight

Original Post

Highlighted

VIP Demo, not very encouraging...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The VIP Demo taking place from January 25 - 27 for me on day 2 has been a bust.

Devs, did you even do any load and stress testing before this demo release? I know the loading screen freezes, the inability to get past the Anthem title screen, the issue with the access for the VIP demo friends codes and the Rubber-banding that occurs during free roam and/or missions are glaring problems that I feel leads to a disappointing first impression even though this is a demo.

I understand with a demo there are some bugs that will pop-up, it's expected, but the aforementioned problems I can't overlook and be enthused about. We should expect that as players we should have access to the game, be able to run missions, get a feel of the controls, possibly being able to chat. My success rate in being able to play the demo over the past 2 days is not even near 50%, so yes I am really disappointed.

In addition, if this will be the same demo that will be release to the open public over the next weekend, you should be prepared for a mass outcry of negative feedback. If the plans are still in place to release the game on February 22, a lot of these issues should be addressed and should be communicated prior to launch day, otherwise, there will be a mass of angry players.

You should either delay the release in order to release a polished product, try to plan extra time for another demo and re-evaluate the results before release.

All of us, the players, the developers, the investors want this game to be a hit.

Message 1 of 1 (41 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help