Re: VIOLATION OF EA USER AGREEMENT OR THEIR TOS

by seaun1c0rn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

VIOLATION OF EA USER AGREEMENT OR THEIR TOS

★★★★★ Newbie

Please understand that this post is meant for discussion and not as a direct attack on EA's policy.

I am an avid gamer for nearly 21 years now, and I have never once been banned on any platforms before. Even when I was wrongfully accused on other platform, I was given the reason why I was accused and I was allowed to appeal it. This is the correct way to improve community happiness. My understanding currently with EA is that if you are in violation of any part of the User Agreement, they will sanction a ban without giving you a reason why.

I find this highly unacceptable and quite frankly outrageously aggravating especially after reading through many posts about a similar problem.

On the first day I received an email stating: "WE WISH TO NOTIFY YOU THAT WE HAVE FOUND YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE IN VIOLATION OF OUR USER AGREEMENT OR OUR TERMS OF SALE, AND DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS VIOLATION WE ARE LEFT WITH NO OPTION OTHER THAN TO PERMANENTLY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT."

Initially my thought was: This may be because I use the same credit card over 2 other accounts whom, my younger brothers also play Apex Legends with me. So I contacted EA through their case system and they told me that they would "escalate" the case to further investigate my case. What I thought this meant: Tell me why I was banned so as to satisfy my understanding of why I was banned and to either accept the ban or to appeal it.

After 14 days of no response I took the case to a direct chat online with a representative, whom I told my situation and again I was told that my case would be "escalated", however they were unable to give me the reason for my ban. The only real piece of information they gave me at this time was to reread over the User Agreement.

So I waited about 48 hours and I get a email stating: "Thank you for contacting us regarding the action that was taken on your account due to a violation of our User Agreement or Terms of Sale. After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we found that your account was actioned correctly, and the sanction will remain in place."

At this point I was getting pretty restless over this email because it does not specify which part of the User Agreement I had violated nor if it was a Terms of Sale that I had violated. I contacted EA again through an online live representative and asked what this ban was for. I was finally able to get the representative to tell me that I was banned through Apex Legends. However upon trying to investigate it further, the representative told me that they could not give me any further information other than this ban is from Apex Legends. The representative tried to assure me they he/she will be taking lead on my case and that I would receive an email in the next week or so explaining my ban, but not before telling me that this does not mean that my ban would be lifted (duh).

Just yesterday (a few days later) I received another email stating: "We have received your most recent correspondence expressing concerns about the action that was taken on your account.
After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we again found that we actioned your account correctly after it was found to have violated our User Agreement. We will also be unable to provide any details regarding our internal procedures.
Due to this violation, we will not remove the sanction that was applied to your account."

At this point I was quite frustrated with the response. I gave EA a call and talked to another representative over the phone and expressed my concerns over my ban. And although I was passionate, I asked the representative to please make a note on the case to please address my concerns and to give me a reason why I was banned or at least tell me which part of the User Agreement or TOS I had violated. At the time of this writing I have read over the User Agreement and TOS 4 times now and I still have no reason to believe I have violated any part of it.

My problem with EA's policy is there is a very lazily laid out customer service support which gives representatives little to no power to help out players/customers when they receive such issues. I have already expressed my honest opinion to the representative that if I was given the reason or at least told which part of the agreement I violated, I would at least consider either to accept the ban or ask for an appeal. This at least gives us, the customers time to reflect on what happened and to either accept the ban or to give us a better understanding of how to clear things up with EA.

I do not cheat in games. I do not solicit anything of any kind when I am online. I play honest and fair. I sincerely wish EA would give me a line where I could caller the User Agreement team to have a chat with them about this. I do NOT need to know HOW I was banned, I just need to know WHAT and WHY. Lastly, please excuse my manners here, but please stop giving me BS vague responses because I have spent over 150$ on this account and while this is not a million dollars, it is the amount of time I have spent playing these games and have racked some close friendships over the games I play on this platform.

I would like to know what EA can do about this ban/ this system, because I was told that I could call a million times and still get my appeal rejected a million times, but I am making this post because I feel unjustified. Wouldn't you?

Message 1 of 7 (6,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @seaun1c0rn Thank you for taking the time to write this post. I'm afraid we are not able to assist you with information about bans or suspension. However, you are now able to check on your Ban history through our EA Help. Here is some more information on this:

How to get more information about my ban or suspension

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (6,143 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @seaun1c0rn Thank you for taking the time to write this post. I'm afraid we are not able to assist you with information about bans or suspension. However, you are now able to check on your Ban history through our EA Help. Here is some more information on this:

How to get more information about my ban or suspension

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 7 (6,144 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You are not able to assist my ban on this post, or assist my ban on any circumstance? Thus far I have been hitting wall after wall with EA in regards to understanding the nature and the reasoning behind my ban. It doesn't seem like anybody on the EA staff wants to give me better information so I can either accept or dispute my ban.

Message 3 of 7 (6,136 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Nevermind, I understand the reasoning why bans are not discussed in detail. I will instead provide information to the ToS team and see their response

Message 4 of 7 (6,127 Views)

★★★ Novice

good luck with the TOS team. They will

not review your case, they will see the word “ban” and immediately presume that you deserved it.

Message 5 of 7 (6,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can feel your paint! Same happened to me last year.. No reason for the Ban. I didn't even get the info, my account was banned because of apex! 

Someone hacked my account and i still get the e-mail with something like "suspissious behavior on my account. Yeah for sure, the account is banned and i am doing some weird stuff. 

Think the hackes is still makeing illegal activities with it... 

But i can't do something about it. Resett my password for the account and still can't log in to the banned account. 

I really miss my ice pathfinder with the ice peacekeeper :/ Never will get them both back because of... yeah because of what? 

Learned my lesson and activate 2FA on all my old and new accounts. Hope this will help in the future. 

Message 6 of 7 (5,295 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @loeschbar,

This thread is a bit old and is being locked here to avoid additional necroposting as it's not something we're able to assist with here.

If you haven't already done so, please be sure you've reached out to support regarding your compromised account so they can look into getting that restored.

Mako.png
Message 7 of 7 (5,281 Views)