Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Using the power level exploit.

by AI_AB_AI

Original Post

Highlighted

Using the power level exploit.

★ Apprentice

I started a legendary contract and one of the randoms was a level 30 common storm with a power level of 3.

I'm guessing he was using the exploit where you dont equip gear, and to be fair to him he was holding his own in the battles.

However,  as more evidence that drops are affected by group power levels,  all the drops I was getting were blue.

If you want to try the no gear exploit,  please go play solo, don't ruin other players loot chances.

Message 1 of 9 (350 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@bobbytwoscoops wrote:

I started a legendary contract and one of the randoms was a level 30 common storm with a power level of 3.

I'm guessing he was using the exploit where you dont equip gear, and to be fair to him he was holding his own in the battles.

However,  as more evidence that drops are affected by group power levels,  all the drops I was getting were blue.

If you want to try the no gear exploit,  please go play solo, don't ruin other players loot chances.

This falls in line with my theory that lower power levels in GM3 freeplay affect loot drops.. I see blues or even purples in my GM3 freeplay and I leave.

Message 2 of 9 (252 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Not equipping gear is an exploit? Or just another example of incredibly sloppy design by the developers?

Message 3 of 9 (247 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:

Not equipping gear is an exploit? Or just another example of incredibly sloppy design by the developers?

If it is sloppy design, and people are using it to their advantage or to grief others, that is by definition an exploit.

Message 4 of 9 (228 Views)
Highlighted

@Midknyghte wrote:

@MaireDevylin wrote:

If it is sloppy design, and people are using it to their advantage or to grief others, that is by definition an exploit.

Next you will be pointing at the ToS, but they will still argue even though it's written out for them clear as a bell. I've already been down that road in another thread once. It was like playing chess with a pigeon, even though I fools mated him, he strutted around knocking over the pieces, acting like he won.

Message 5 of 9 (213 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@Midknyghte wrote:

@MaireDevylin wrote:

arguably, one could just screenshot the power levels and send it to an email and wait what would that email be lol

Message 6 of 9 (207 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

It's a graphics bug. :/

Message 7 of 9 (164 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I appeared to be  power level 3 for the first 2 weeks of Anthem , been messed up for a long time

Message 8 of 9 (111 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Ticklepink68 wrote:

@bobbytwoscoops wrote:

This falls in line with my theory that lower power levels in GM3 freeplay affect loot drops.. I see blues or even purples in my GM3 freeplay and I leave.

Could you provide the evidence of group power affecting the drops? A had plenty legendary drops when there were Epic javelins during HoR and none when there were legendary and MW javelins.

A friend of mine played HoR 100+ times and he did not see any evidence of other players' power affecting the drops.

Message 9 of 9 (91 Views)
Twitter Stream