Re: Using macros on Apex Legends

by realy-bad-1

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Ofc. You will get banned.

I have logitech mouse, didn't even used macros, and got banned (probably the logitech software made so?).

After contacting support which was supposed to answer within 72h, they answered after 240h (9 days) giving not intelligent, automatic answer (didn't even give any real reason for ban).

If they really want to get rid of macros from game, they would add little bit randomized recoil and dead-time between shots. This would completely get rid of no recoil and rapidfire macros.

Thinking their logic now, they should ban: razer, corsair, a4tech, logitech, hyperx, sharkoon and all other mices and keyboards.

Message 11 of 31 (48,163 Views)

★ Apprentice
If you are running macros or scripts through your keyboard or mouse software it violates most games TOS. If you are just using it to remap a button it isnt. To the people claiming they got banned for using logitech's software. I have a g502 as do the vast majority of the friends I play with. None if us have received a ban. My guess is you ran some kind of script listed above and got banned because you violated the TOS. Pubg was giving out bans for people running the jump crouch macro.
Message 12 of 31 (48,154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

And using voice recognition software, which don't give a advantage due to his own voice recognition lag, but is useful to call the map, or start or stop video record, or to take screenshot and some other minor tasks that don't affect the gameplay?

Ofc, isn't the solution for rapid actions like, aiming, firing, reloading, running, jumping, refill life or energy, ... but useful for some parallel tasks as I mention above.

I think that it can be used, afterall, it's the same as a keyboard or mouse key/macro but much slower, with no pratical effect on game play.

Message 13 of 31 (48,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 14 of 31 (46,968 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, macros can land you a ban. Do not use them. Just because the mouse came with the ability to write/record macros does not mean that macros are permitted in this game.

Generally speaking what is permitted is rempaing buttons to other buttons and each button performing one button action. For example you might want to bind your W to your left click and you fire to your M5 you can do that. This is not going to land you a ban. Using a macro that presses more than one buttons and at specific patterns (delay) that can land you a ban and will most likely trigger the anticheat system. Scripts are out of the question they are 99% insta ban.

Hope this helps.

Message 15 of 31 (46,939 Views)

★★ Novice

I think macros are okay if you compare to aimbot

Message 16 of 31 (44,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

LOL, What?  They can be complex and can be used to a big advantage.  It's cheating and you will be banned.

Message 17 of 31 (44,192 Views)

★★ Novice

what kind of "big advantage" everything you can do without using macros

Message 18 of 31 (44,153 Views)

@TheFrateX 

Macro's will end up in a ban.

Every kind of 3rd party software is against the EA User Agreement.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 19 of 31 (44,150 Views)

★ Guide

im using bloody mouse, but i never use that software (bloody) which has macro too.  this game doesnt need those macro craaap if ur guns level 3 upgrades.   

guns with level 3 is almost same has macros. 

Message 20 of 31 (44,137 Views)