Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Using VPN to Play Sooner

by JamieK81

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Using VPN to Play Sooner

★★ Guide

Hiya,

I read from a google search that you can technically use VPN to unlock the game sooner, like when the US get it 2 long days before the UK and i am wondering if its going to lead to my account getting banned for using a VPN to unlock the game when the US gets it.

So, will my account get banned if i use it to unlock the game when it unlocks in the US?

I hope a EA person responds with an answer that says yes or no.

Thanks in advanced,

Jamie

Message 1 of 48 (20,580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Using VPN to Play Sooner

Community Manager

@JamieK81 Hi, we won't take any action if you use a VPN to unlock your locally purchased game earlier. 

We might not be able to help if you're having issues -for example if you try to play the MP with the VPN you may have problems- but we won't chase after people for doing this. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 48 (22,023 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JamieK81 Hi, we won't take any action if you use a VPN to unlock your locally purchased game earlier. 

We might not be able to help if you're having issues -for example if you try to play the MP with the VPN you may have problems- but we won't chase after people for doing this. 

Message 2 of 48 (22,024 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_David wrote:

Ok, good to know.

I tend not to play MP until i finish SP anyway, so that will not be an issue and it is good to see a Company so open-minded about VPN, others tend to be prudes about it.

I mean i can understand buying stuff using a VPN, but unlocking it, i never see a problem with it personally, so i am glad it will be fine to do so. :-)

Message 3 of 48 (20,565 Views)

Hero

@JamieK81 If you use a Korean VPN server instead of an American one, you can play a few hours sooner, possibly even on the 20th.

I don't work for EA.

Message 4 of 48 (20,550 Views)

★★ Guide

How?? i thought the US get it first.

Message 5 of 48 (20,541 Views)

@JamieK81

No, Asia is getting it first. Same release date but ahead in time, it is already Monday in Seoul while it is still Sunday in the US.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 48 (20,529 Views)

★★ Guide

@Holger1405 wrote:

@JamieK81

No, Asia is getting it first. Same release date but ahead in time, it is already Monday in Seoul while it is still Sunday in the US.

Timezones.....

Message 7 of 48 (20,520 Views)

@JamieK81

JamieK81 wrote
Timezones.....

Exactly. Wink

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 48 (20,517 Views)

★★ Guide

@Holger1405 wrote:

@JamieK81

JamieK81 wrote
Timezones.....

Exactly. Wink

So, i am assuming, i connect to Korea using VPN and it unlocks, i am guessing i will have to keep the VPN connected to play it or is it a 'on until activated and then turn off'???

Message 9 of 48 (20,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You have to launch Origin and the game using the VPN, but you can then disconnect from the VPN server. It's best to turn Origin in offline mode after you do that so you won't have to use VPN each time you want to launch the game.

I just logged in from a South Korean server and it says the game launches on March 20 at 4PM CET. That's 3PM in the UK.

I don't work for EA.

Message 10 of 48 (20,504 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help