Re: Urgently need idle penalities.

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

wtf is this piggy backing thing? it's a battle royale, the point is to survive until the very end, be the last man/squad alive, no matter how, so why would they ban players for playing their game?

Message 11 of 20 (371 Views)

★ Pro
@NaRnIaaa
Piggy-backing is a term used by the developers to describe players who leech off their teammates in order to gain experience. As Apex Legends is only available in three-player squads, there are bound to be cases in which the teammates’ skill levels don’t quite match up. However, players who purposely refuse to help their team by not participating in a match need to be dealt with.

According to Respawn, “Piggy-backing is when a player drafts off other players in the squad to carry them to a good position and level up faster but doesn’t actually participate in the match.”

This includes players who hinder their teammates by not picking up weapons, avoiding combat and not dealing any damage.
Message 12 of 20 (361 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I completely agree.

Message 13 of 20 (356 Views)

★★★ Expert

I would like to see the poor employees going through thousands of piggy-backing reports and watching all those 10-15 minutes of play to determine if the person was actually avoiding the fight or it was the stingy ring that did the job for him before he pulled the trigger. Multiply that with 2 or 3 if they need to watch the teammates as well, to rule out situations where pinging imaginary enemies or toxic behavior caused the reported player to refuse to participate.

Or, I'd like to see the AI that can determine whether the player actively avoids a fight because he's a RP/level farming chicken and not because he knows his team will probably get pinched in a bad position.

Idle penalty is not what this game needs, it's the scoring that should be changed. For example, the survival time points should be multiplied with a kill / damage / win coefficient that stays at 0 if you don't win, kill or do a certain amount of damage during the match.

Message 14 of 20 (335 Views)

★ Pro
@DoYaSeeMe
Nobody will watch videos... or only if player stats + reports already proves that he is guilty.
Message 15 of 20 (332 Views)

★★★ Expert
@SlivPTS there was a guy here stating that he did like 900+ damage but the summary displayed like 96. A while ago, someone else posted an unexpected win with all 3 squad members having 0 damage and kills (enemies disconnected or got killed outside the ring). I did a few 750 damage challenges in matches where the displayed damage for me was 2-300. I once had 18 damage for shooting a guy before getting killed, although 2 minutes earlier I downed and killed a healthy blue armored player, with Gibby's bombardment. I also had kills not getting registered right after exiting the match, but only minutes or maybe hours later.

Considering the issues, there's a high chance for false reporting, possibly leading to a large number of people getting penalized for no reason.
Message 16 of 20 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Camping bannable? LOL. Where did you get that wrong idea? Camping and hiding is literally the  mainstream tactic (duh, it's a BR after all). If some ppl want to be rambos doesn't mean their teammates have to conform.

I believe you wanted to say going afk all game (and doing it over and over and over again) is bannable (although that would be a weird tactic to try get rank points since I don't see anyone getting even out of silver using it - surviving until points requires a bit more than just standing in first landing spot).

As for "piggybacking", the rambos are the ones who piggyback off the camper gaining them points, not the other way around. E.g., I've carried more than a handful of such 1st minute dying enthusiasts when I was playing random squads in platinum. Although they usually just leave after dying (free loss forgiveness, yay).

Message 17 of 20 (320 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SlivPTS"This includes players who hinder their teammates by not picking up weapons, avoiding combat and not dealing any damage." so i can report all the clowns who deal 50 damage in 20min?

Message 18 of 20 (275 Views)

★ Pro
@NaRnIaaa
To be completely honest, i have no idea...
I think everything about this "Piggy-backing" is nonsense.

As i already wrote, game is promoting such gameplay... banning players for their own dumb decisions is pure stupidity.
Message 19 of 20 (270 Views)

Champion

@Zeelmaekers wrote:

Hey @addz-120 

Camping / Hiding or not contributing to team aka Piggybacking is a banable offence and could lead to permanent bans.

This is frustrating when team mates do this and there actions will be reviewed.

You can report your team by:

going to your inventory -> squad and at the bottom of the legends you will see a exclamation mark.

"Not contributing to the team"

Doesn't this make up about 50% of the player base? Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 20 of 20 (244 Views)