Original Post

Urgently need idle penalities.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

No bullets fired.

Hiding.

No fights by certain time.

Lose all rank points for the game.

I just played with a guy called snip he's DIAMOND level 2 at level 54 with 5 wins.

He screamed abuse at me for daring to fight mid game as "the point is to just rank up"

So you get these low skill players in high ranks which is insane and breaks the system. Not only will he get top rank, he will then decide he wants to fight and get smashed because he doesn't have the skill. This game NEEDS to punish these fakers immediately or just end ranked completely. Anyway, he left me to die and left my tag deliberately as described in the chat.

The devs have failed completely to create a basic game mechanic. I want these low skilled players pegged back.

CM Edit - Do not name and shame. 

Message 1 of 20 (490 Views)

Re: Urgently need idle penalities.

★ Pro
@addz-120
The goal is to be the last player or team standing by eliminating all other opponents. It doesn't matter if you have 20, or 1 kill.
They will never punish players for not engaging in fights... because it would be stupid.
I personally don't see solution here and i am sure nothing will change.

That's why we need solo mode, where only your skill matters.
Or you should make your own squad and play only with them.

Message 2 of 20 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Had this guy on my team tonight while on the verge of ranking up to P3 

[Edit: removed link to the video - could you please report the cheater directly to the Easy Anti-Cheat team? Unfortunately, we're unable to do anything with such cases on our forum and providing such videos breaks our rule about no naming and shaming on AHQ. - Ataashi]

Message 3 of 20 (460 Views)

Hey @addz-120 

Camping / Hiding or not contributing to team aka Piggybacking is a banable offence and could lead to permanent bans.

This is frustrating when team mates do this and there actions will be reviewed.

You can report your team by:

going to your inventory -> squad and at the bottom of the legends you will see a exclamation mark.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 20 (417 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Zeelmaekers Wow, like the soviet anti retreat detachment shooting the cowards in WW2. Apex Comrades salute!
Message 5 of 20 (405 Views)

★ Guide
@Zeelmaekers I read through the rules on the EA website and i do not see anything that shows hiding or camping is a banable offense? Everyone has a different playing style so not sure how you would even determine who is purposefully doing it or who is a 10 year old kid that hasn't played much and is scared to push a fight. You gonna ban him? Not trying to argue with you just pointing a few things to consider.
Message 6 of 20 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @Wreck_It_Lopers 

The Piggy-Backing issue and change was announced in the Respawn Check in 5.10

I don't know how they will determine when the player will receive a penalty.
This rule was made for level farming, i think this will also focus on RP farming.

So i think there must me proof that the player is level / RP farming before action is taken.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 20 (375 Views)

★ Guide
@Zeelmaekers That makes sense, if a guy doesn't pick p a weapon all game and hides in a bush, yeah that is obvious. Versus a very passive player or a newbie who doesn't want to push a fight because of no confidence. In my opinion it's not right to dictate playing styles, but rule breaking yes. Ban that.
Message 8 of 20 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Zeelmaekers wrote:

Hey @addz-120 

Camping / Hiding or not contributing to team aka Piggybacking is a banable offence and could lead to permanent bans.

This is frustrating when team mates do this and there actions will be reviewed.

You can report your team by:

going to your inventory -> squad and at the bottom of the legends you will see a exclamation mark.

It's got the point where i can't be bothered to play anymore unfortunately. 

This game rewards idiots, the ranking system was ill-conceived and was obvious people would go all toxic to protect themselves. The mechanics should promote teamwork but it promotes selfishness and self preservation. I would try say 30 games of randoms and you'll see what kind of insane individuals you end up matching with. There's screaming, terrible language, shouting, people barking orders, people blaming others for their mistakes. It's just terrible....the game is in a state of utter decay and I'm totally done with it and EA products. 

Message 9 of 20 (329 Views)

★ Pro

But in this case it wasn't piggy-backing.
And respawn should think how to solve problem without punishing players for their own bad decisions.
They should change how xp system works... player must get more xp for killing and team work, then from simply staying alive = hiding.
Currently they are promoting such game style... it's stupid.

Message 10 of 20 (319 Views)