Re: Upgrade to Deluxe - How much?

by equ1NoXx

Original Post

That's right @SofaJockeyUK Wink

Players who want all the extra content, will buy the Deluxe Edition right away.

Others who just wanna play, will buy standard.
And if they see later on....oh, that's some cool stuff what he has there. So they might would like to get Deluxe later then.

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 11 of 19 (1,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SofaJockeyUK, if someone gets the standard game as a gift or if they change their mind, then they may later want to get the Deluxe version, as previously explained.

If you own the Standard Edition, from what I understand, you can't buy the Deluxe Edition outright because you've already paid for the Standard Edition (you'd essentially be double paying and that may be why it may be restricted).

Hence, the request to pay only for the upgrade to Deluxe ($20 for upgrade vs. $79.99 for the Deluxe edition = net paid total amount of $79.99 vs $139.98, respectively).

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 12 of 19 (1,621 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hello,
There will be a Deluxe upgrade in the future which will cost 20$.
Message 13 of 19 (1,601 Views)

Probably 20$, yea. But not official confirmed yet.

Maybe more maybe less, in case we could see a special offer as well. Wink

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 14 of 19 (1,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Its_Travis_199 wrote:
That's right @SofaJockeyUK Wink

Players who want all the extra content, will buy the Deluxe Edition right away.

Others who just wanna play, will buy standard.
And if they see later on....oh, that's some cool stuff what he has there. So they might would like to get Deluxe later then.

Not true.  I pre-ordered the standard edition not knowing when the release dates would be.  Knowing now that the Deluxe edition would allow me to play sooner tips that balance and I want to upgrade prior to release.  As others have said, this is potential money loss for EA, why hype something and not allow us to throw money at it?

Message 15 of 19 (1,320 Views)

★ Novice

yes same here. i have preordered bf5 just realizing later that i have !NO! benefits from trusting in a game pre launch buying it for !69,99€! (pretty nice dice).

no i want to upgrade it for 20€ (not 30€ or even 21€!) but in xbox store i cant. pretty annoying dice. thats how you thank your fans?

btw after launch there is absoluty no need for me to upgrade. hmmm maybe this was the last time i buyed a battlefield....

Message 16 of 19 (1,245 Views)

★★★★ Novice

See I thought I would be able to pay the difference so I got my pre-order in back a month ago or so and then read about the 15th being the night you could play it.  I figured you'd be able to pay the difference between Deluxe and just upgrade my pre-order but once launch happens I guess you cannot at least on PS4 when I go to click it for deluxe says you already own pre-order Battlefield so I can't even buy it even if I wanted to outright and just pay for the whole game again.

Message 17 of 19 (930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was just on origin and there is an upgrade for 29.99 now available...

Message 18 of 19 (786 Views)

★★ Apprentice

and now the deluxe costs $ 53.32. I think they should also lower the upgrade by at least half, and those of us who bought the game the first week fell like cold water.
Someone will say, why did not you buy the deluxe at the beginning? , simple did not have enough money, if they left it at 10 the upgrade would think about catching it

Message 19 of 19 (715 Views)