Re: Updates to Abandon Match Penalties

by ghostmonk000

Original Post

★ Guide

Sorry Devs, but in my opinion, unless it is in the last 30 seconds before the game launches from the lobby, you should not get any leaver penalty for quitting from the Briefing Room. If you get put into an obviously lopsided match, why should you be penalised for leaving whilst there is time for replacements to be found?

Message 21 of 33 (1,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I had to leave a game one time because my controls were not properly configured. I switched Joysticks.

Now it says Leaver Penalty in effect. I have played and completed 2 or 3 games but still this disclaimer is there. How do I return to good standing?

Message 22 of 33 (1,909 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Carrots work better than sticks. 

I never quit, but I'd rather see a bonus for a significant comeback than a penalty. (maybe that's because I never quit)

if you close the gap from more than 30% to less than 5% you should get better progression than a standard loss, and if you close the gap and then win, you should get a bonus on top of the standard rewards. 

Message 23 of 33 (1,896 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Uhm, does anybody know how the Leaver Penalty mechanic works? I left 1 game and have now completed 15 games and still get the penalty message. What does it take to return to good standing?

Message 24 of 33 (1,856 Views)

★★★ Novice
@lee7dev Especially for game bugs. Don't penalize your players for your programming bugs EA.
Message 25 of 33 (1,802 Views)

★★ Pro

I got disconnected 6 times straight for Fleet Battle Vs AI (Easy) in a row on the weekends and I completed some Fleet Battle Vs AI matches the following days and the warning message is still there. Like some other posters have mentioned, please do not penalise players for the program's faults. My Win Loss Ratio also got affected by the disconnects, I am like why is this my fault when the game disconnects itself.

Message 26 of 33 (1,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ReposterI guess it's partly to dissuade plug pulling. Once leavers know that disconnecting from a game does not induce penalization, then they will just disable their internet as a way to leave the game

Message 27 of 33 (1,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This system BLOWS.

Why am I losing SR because I lost in a 4 v 5? This isn't a reflection of my skill, it's a reflection of the misbalance in the teams. I'm being triple penalized:

1) I have to stay in the game, wasting my time.

2) I don't have fun losing the game because we're outnumbered.

3) I lose progress because someone else did something bad.

Why am I being triple penalized for not doing anything wrong?

At this point, quitting a match when someone else quits is the best option. Sure, you lose SR/MMR, but you're going to lose that anyway. At least your time isn't wasted playing a match that's not even fun. This system ENCOURAGES quitting.

Message 28 of 33 (1,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This whole mechanic is a big F-you to parents and people with spouses. There is no telling when an emergency will happen or a request will be made by my kids. I'm NOT going to tell them "wait until my match is over." I will absolutely walk away from the console in order to care for my family. 

So not only do I have limited play time, I get a penalty that makes it even harder to get into a game to use my limited play time. 

This is F'd up and totally unsympathetic to people that care about their family.

Message 29 of 33 (1,381 Views)

★★ Guide
@Wysperra there should be no penalty in dog fights, just fleet battles. Also the rank should just be a personal achievement rank, not based off match wins.
Match wins should be a separate score base that gives you credit rank that can be waged on winner takes all. The wage can be based on the enemies total rank divided by how many are in your squad by the end of the match. so, if you leave you get nothing and the amount is divided to the winners left behind.
if the team is off balanced by ejected player, a handicap time should be given to the majority squad by longer respawn times or extra fighters per off number.
Just an Idea, I dont play the online mutiplayer yet. Im waiting for certain play dynamics to be fixed if they will at all.
Message 30 of 33 (1,351 Views)