Re: Updates For apex

by 7cyanide

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's really has nothing to do with if their staff do overtime or not. They update the game monthly, to me that seems fine. They've also told us that there will be a battlepass every four month. Again for me that's fine. I'm looking forward to more content and enjoying the game in the mean time. If you're not the fair enough, maybe come back to the game after the next battlepass, June I think. The game is in no way "dead" to me anyhow.

Message 11 of 21 (373 Views)

★★ Guide

Anyone that says this game is dead is simply delusional.

Message 12 of 21 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@ajharris21 Except the updates are minor and driving regular players off the servers. The only players I could imagine 'ok with updates' or with the game's state are cheaters/exploiters themselves. no more major youtubers, 10k viewers on twitch... is anyone in marketing at EA? the thing is- players are good at creating their own content if there weren't as many cheaters on the server... but that's not possible right now.

Message 13 of 21 (337 Views)

★ Guide

Well they are balancing updates and attempts to get rid of hackers so I don't really know what more you want at this point? Well I'm ok with the updates and I'm no cheat or hacker. I play ps4 and as far as I know you can't back that system? Please tell me if I'm wrong.  YouTube's and the rest will all jump back on when the next battlepass comes out and there was always going to be a drop of in coverage after such a massive start. Don't get me wrong I'd love more content and more regularly update but currently I'm happy with the way things are now. 

Message 14 of 21 (309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Okay that's all understandable if you're playing on ps4, it does play well on console. Yes, there will always be a massive drop but it's clear what is missing and the new BR with such raving reviews should have sustained more leverage in the market, imo

Message 15 of 21 (280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I Couldn't agree more. If they had good new content, not just bug fixes ect, coming every month or less I've no doubt the hype would be far higher. Who knows, if the game keeps proving profitable for respawn/E.A. maybe they'll expand and be able to push content out faster.

Message 16 of 21 (257 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@STOKEDeggs 

I have a real job make 6 figures a year and can’t remember working 100 hours a week since I got this job but your right every “real job” must require 100 hr work weeks lol maybe you should look into a new job if you are regularly required to work 100 hrs a week in case you were wondering that is 14 hrs a day 7 days a week which if you are working that much I hope you are making at least 500k a year cause that’s what it would cost an employer to get to work that much 

also studies show more than 6 days a week and you become useless and anything over 10 hrs a day are not productive but keep ranting that someone else should have to spend time working on a game instead of with there family and friends 

most people work to live sounds like you want people to live to work

Message 17 of 21 (243 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ajharris21 wrote:

I Couldn't agree more. If they had good new content, not just bug fixes ect, coming every month or less I've no doubt the hype would be far higher. Who knows, if the game keeps proving profitable for respawn/E.A. maybe they'll expand and be able to push content out faster.

I think you make an interesting point about Apex continuing to improve. Because Apex is such a young game only having been around for a few months, we don't really know yet what form new content will take. Given though that Apex is a stonker of a game and that Respawn are a really slick studio I expect new content will be a complete knockout. But as you say only time will tell. It's not long 'til Season 2 so we will find out soon. I'm looking forward to it. Standard smile

Message 18 of 21 (235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@STOKEDeggs wrote:

I’m sorry to say it but this game is dead , it was soo good but it is now a thing of the past you guys will never be able to get back the players base you have lost. You lost them by not updating faster and lack of creativity on the battle pass. I realize that forcing 100 hour work weeks is ridiculous and shouldn’t happen often. that being said if the developers of this game really cared about it , we would see people willing to do 100 hr works weeks to make sure their game stays alive. I’m sorry but the passion from the devs just isn’t there 

You say the game is Dead but there is at least thousands if not hundreds of thousands still playing. I catch full servers late night [or during the day on my days off] when I game @ 1:00am. 

Back in the early to mid 90's this was your game, no such thing as DLC or extra content and if it was it was about the same price as the base game of $30.00. 

So the game isn't really dead but more or less your upset because you have no new shinny thing to achieve. And for this reason your throwing a tantrum stating the game is dead. 

Also I found it funny and quite amusing that you bumped your post 3 times because you were trying to keep your post relevant. lol

Message 19 of 21 (228 Views)

★ Guide

@BoaFang7 wrote:

Lazy devs, leaving game breaking bugs in the game for months on end.. there is no excuse for that. The content being drawn out in seasons is fine by me despite this game being bare bones, no basic matchmaking let alone ranked, no incentives.

It amazes me that people can defend how incompetent Respawn are. The after launch plan is some of the laziest I have ever seen from game developers.

Then, once again, you haven't played many games if this is anywhere close to the worst you have seen. 

There is ONE major issue on ONE platform which, going by other FPS,isn't the largest platform by a large margin (PC). Cheating.

Other than that, you have what?  One game in 20 where it's slow for 30-50 seconds at the start then never comes back? Minor hitbox issues on 1-2 characters that are mildly inconvenient unless you can't aim?  And oh no, people can punch lids on lootcrates and if they don't get killed screwing with that launch themselves across the map very loudly so I can kill them when they land...

The game doesn't crash. The servers are solid.  The gunplay is tight and you don't get killed a mile around corners (frostbitecoughfrostbite). You don't fall thru the map, fail to connect, loose progress, etc etc etc.  

And no, I don't have ANY desire for them to pack the game with tons of new "content" like battlefield etc so we can have 20 more useless guns and trinkets to sort thru.  Would a new map be nice?  Sure,and I'm sure it's coming, but I don't want that rushed either. Crappy maps  can kill a game...go ask BFV lol.  

Seriously, if you think this is the worst launch or bad support, were you not around for BFV launch?   How about BF1 content at 6 months (lol).  BF4 launch?  TF1?  About half the Tom Clancy games? Fallout 76 (lol).  COD BLOPs 1? Every cod since mw3?  

Also, your doctor in residency analogy is BS.  I might be willing to work 100 hours a week for a few weeks or months if it meant I was getting somewhere... Like out of residency.    But what your saying is every game dev should work 100 hours a week for months on end every other year or so...that's BS.  That's who I want on my team...a bunch of burned out pissed off people that don't give a *.  Perfect. 

Get real,get over it, and grow some patience.  It's a freaking game, play something else for a few weeks if it's really that bad.   But everyone that's complaining also seems to be a level100 with Max battle pass. I wonder why you are so bored with the current content when you played 400 hours in 3 months lol.

Message 20 of 21 (204 Views)