Re: Update on cheaters

by spacecat1159

Original Post

Update on cheaters

★★★★ Novice

if you guys haven't noticed, this game is getting worse by the day when it comes to cheating.... a few days ago i got into a game with somebody who was only lev 34 and had 1k kills... the reason why people are getting away with cheating is because they're using soft hacks. soft hacks are simple cheats that are harder to notice, for instance things like quicker healing without backpack, no recoil or reduced recoil, damage amps... basically just an easier way to cheat and get away with it. If you notice anyone with a high amount of kills while being a low level, just report them and hope respawn actually does something. this game is honestly trash at this point..  

My solution: Stop playing until respawn does something... don't waste your time on this game, there are a ton of games that have good devs and less cheaters.

Message 1 of 5 (331 Views)

★★ Guide

So unfortunately no one is going to quit for that reason. The hackers were WAY worse back in Season 1 and pre-seasonal and people are still here. Secondly Respawn has already stated what the next patch will contain for hackers. So it's not like they aren't working on it, you also have to remember if you play on PC you will encounter hackers in EVERY game no matter what. Granted they are rampant here (because they opt'd to use source engine for some reason) which is easily the most manipulable engine probably ever (hence why CSGO was so bad in the hacker catergory)

Also the main reason they don't get caught is because like you said soft hacks, now there are no anti-recoil,increase damage or increase healing hacks (this is easy to find out with some googling) everything is basically out there for anyone to get. Which is another reason why there are so many now. The hacks are public and the easiest thing to find so everyone is jumping on so they can rank up. The soft hack that's most used and I have a 15 minute video of is the hack where it seems there are 2 AI players that never pick up shields and literally almost never take damage in even the biggest firefight  (probably have anti-aim since this was also a thing in CSGO) and the third player who actually controls the program has all the gear but doesn't use aim/walls/etc. So HE will never get banned and the other 2 dummy accounts will. 

The more blatant hackers just get by because currently there is no automated system (which they said they are adding next patch) to detect red flags and auto-ban. Right now everything is done manually which takes an insane amount of time and you have to factor in that people also report  A LOT of players that aren't even hacking which makes this take even longer. My simple solution that doesn't stop it completely but will help is to implement a level restriction onto ranked. This way when they DO get banned they can't simply jump back into the ranked scene (since accounts are free) and start ruining the game. This will still suck for casual play and what not but at least there is a silver lining there.

I also suggested they add a prime membership which is one time payment of whatever amount they choose, and only players who PAID THAT can join with OTHER players who also paid. This will make it so if they get banned they'll have to pony up some money before getting back into PRIME and have to play with everyone else who hasn't paid. It's annoying to have a feature like this most people may not want to pay, but it does lower the amount of hackers you will see by A HUGE amount just because of having to spend money.

Message 2 of 5 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@VisualfEX  "So unfortunately no one is going to quit for that reason."... what? I already did, and it looks like a lot of others have too. Cheating, even one major exploit is a good reason to quit without proper attention. Now that a lot of people are making excuses for themselves and other cheaters - it's clear as day when people are using it - aim-lock, staring at walls for their wall hacks, and a golden backpack exploit... ya .. it's a great reason to quit. Give them a reason not to quit with that crap in the game

Message 3 of 5 (308 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah I'm definitely quitting soon also for that reason. Ranked is infested with cheaters and they are not always obvious cheats but they're definitely using unfair methods to win.

Message 4 of 5 (300 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@VisualfEX There will always be cheaters of course, the reason why I’m mad is that it’s been happening for so long it’s getting annoying. It should have been fixed months ago, I see a ton of other games with less cheaters. Imagine getting 8 kills and it’s the last squad, you kill 2 members of a squad just to have some dude with a spitfire lock onto your head and wipe your whole squad, you view his profile and he’s level 34 with 1k kills which means he’s been getting away with it for a long time... that’s a bit frustrating if you ask me.
Message 5 of 5 (263 Views)