Update of 22.851 GB only for networking features?

by walde313

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Update of 22.851 GB only for networking features?

★ Novice

I just bought PS4 pro and Battlefront I game. When I first started the game, it started to download an update of 22.851 GB for "networking features", and it said that if I do not use networking, I could skip the download and just start playing. Since I am not planning to play online and the download would have taken more than 5 hours, I skipped it.

However, I started wondering, is this update really only for networking features, or does it also include patches for the actual game?

I think there should be patches for the game, but now I did not get any other downloading option, just this huge "networking feature update".

Message 1 of 2 (760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Update of 22.851 GB only for networking features?

★ Novice

It seems this section of the forum is not crowded since I have not got answers, or then nobody just wanted to answer to this noobie question.

Anyway, I got already help on this on EA chat, thanks for that! So I might answer by myself in case anybody else has the same noobie problem.

=> The update does not contain only networking features despite of what is stated in application update screen.

In fact, I later found out that the same misleading information about "network features" comes in update of all applications (=games in this case), and moreover, all games seem to have as huge update size (I have tried three games now and the update size have varied between 22 and 27 GB).

Battlefront just happened to be the first game I tried with PS4 pro, so I was not aware of this generic info screen, nor huge update sizes, which is just insane. Are they really forcing everyone to download all DLC or how can the updates be so * huge?

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (725 Views)

All Replies

Re: Update of 22.851 GB only for networking features?

★ Novice

It seems this section of the forum is not crowded since I have not got answers, or then nobody just wanted to answer to this noobie question.

Anyway, I got already help on this on EA chat, thanks for that! So I might answer by myself in case anybody else has the same noobie problem.

=> The update does not contain only networking features despite of what is stated in application update screen.

In fact, I later found out that the same misleading information about "network features" comes in update of all applications (=games in this case), and moreover, all games seem to have as huge update size (I have tried three games now and the update size have varied between 22 and 27 GB).

Battlefront just happened to be the first game I tried with PS4 pro, so I was not aware of this generic info screen, nor huge update sizes, which is just insane. Are they really forcing everyone to download all DLC or how can the updates be so * huge?

Message 2 of 2 (726 Views)