Re: [Update Preview] The Give and Go: New Gameplay

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

[Update Preview] The Give and Go: New Gameplay

Community Manager

Hello, NBA LIVE Mobile Community!

Welcome to NBA LIVE Mobile Give & Go! In this segment of The Give & Go we take an inside look at all new features and improvements that are coming to our game! Sit back and take notes on what’s changing and if you need a refresher on all other content, you can find those articles on our website.

Rebounding improvements

• Improvements of players setting up for rebounds as shots are taken
  • Auto-switch to the closest player under the rim now occurs when the ball hits the rim which allows for boxing out and players to get in position to rebound. Before it auto-switched at release of the ball and sometimes caused issues of teammates just standing and not rebounding.
  • Tapping the “Block/Jump” button will now always trigger rebound animations and not alley-oop, block, or during a rebound. So once you are auto-switched to the rebounder under the hoop, when the ball bounces off the rim, tap jump and see your player react.
  • Holding the guard button while your opponent takes a shot has been improved. For example, if you're defending a shot with guard held, and that shot hits the rim, you will automatically change to a rebounding player and attempt to rebound without needing to remove your finger from guard. If you have time moving your player and tapping jump to rebound will improve your chances beyond that of this auto-rebound.

Improved AI shot choices

• Improvements to when players take shots based on the AI attributes. Example: Lonzo Ball with higher inside shot will drive to rim or pass more when outside the arc vs Harden with higher 3-Point rating and lower inside will take more 3’s.

Block Attempt Improvements

• Tuned Blocking when holding guard
  • Reworked block chance will be based on Block vs Contested Shot ratings. Block chance is now based on Block vs Contested Shot ratings. Now with the compare it's based on your player vs the opponent with the ball. Larger the gap in ratings, better chance to block that player.
  • Tuned Corner 3-Point Shots - Off-dribble shooting penalty for 3-Point Shots has been increased slightly. Stopping movement before you shoot or performing a catch-and-shoot will help you avoid this penalty.

Wow Moment Fixes:

• WOW Moment slow down will now end sooner if the shot is blocked or misses

AI Shooting:

• Improvements to AI shooting percentages have been made. 

3v3:

• Players can no longer move before the AI can move in 3v3 half court games.

Reduce/Remove the AI shooting those fade-away 3's:

• AI players will shoot far fewer turn-around-fade-away 3-point shot after clearing the ball in 3v3

Dunk miss chance reduced

• Users should not see the often miss wid-open dunk anymore.

Tuned Lineup Styles to better differentiate between lineup styles:

• Tempo, Defense, Rebounding Set Type:
  • Sharpshooter - Tempo: Balanced, Defense: Zone, Rebounding: Get Back
  • Street - Tempo: UpTempo, Defense: Man, Rebounding: Crash the Boards
  • Defense - Tempo: Half-Court, Defense: Man, Rebounding: Crash the Boards

Clock runoff issue fixed when inbounding the ball with more than 2 minutes on the clock

AI Passing backcourt issue:

• The AI will always progress the ball forward when in the back court to prevent the awkward pass back behind the back court at the last minute and in bounding that leads to the back court.

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 9 (918 Views)

Champion

In your post change the word Defence to Lockdown at the Tuned Lineup Styles.

If you tag me in your replies I'll see your answers sooner
Message 2 of 9 (833 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@ANTITEXNHYesh even i saw that but it's understood lol
Message 3 of 9 (796 Views)

Champion

And I don't think the clock runoff issue is fixed, if we mean the same as my Timer topic I had created some time ago.

If you tag me in your replies I'll see your answers sooner
Message 4 of 9 (785 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry It will also be as great as 10 features throughout this game for iOS and Android.
Message 5 of 9 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry The player switch is not consistent. In showdown it does not work constantly.

Also, manual switching using the arrow is not working. I am constantly just switching between PG and SG. This switching issue is really ruining arena and showdown.

Please look into it...

Message 6 of 9 (616 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@hg1370EA tweeted about 22 days ago about them knowing the switching issue exists. But it hasn't been fixed yet, there is rumoured to be an upcoming update soon with a fix.
Message 7 of 9 (611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When they released the latest update the issue was fixed for a day or two. But then it worsened and I haven't been able to manually switch to my desired player since then. I just hope EA releases a fix for this soon

Message 8 of 9 (609 Views)

Community Manager
@hg1370 Raised your feedback up to the team. I've seen some others mention this too, however I believe an actual fix went out but we could still be getting feedback on needing more improvements on it. Thanks for reaching out!
Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 9 (557 Views)