Unhealthy decision making (for longevity)

by miniSunde

Original Post

Unhealthy decision making (for longevity)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just really think the devs have underestimated what type of people they are shutting out by not even bothering to implement alternative headtracking options down the line. Like its just "wont happen" case closed, this is gonna hurt Squadrons. 
  Some of the most passionate healthy and fun communities exist within the combat/flight sim communities. And i know for a fact a large portion would have checked out squadrons, just to have something less hardcore but still immersive to play. 
Blocking TIR is like a slap in the face to so many people in these communities. And it is going to hurt, not too much economically - but long term the people who could have kept this game alive, have been scared off. Its already circulating the forums of both Il-2 and DCS, i am sure Star Citizen and Elite dangerous probably have someone mentioning it too. 

Message 1 of 7 (451 Views)

Re: Unhealthy decision making (for longevity)

★ Apprentice

No one is forced to buy the game though. I don't see the issue here.

Message 2 of 7 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@lindhoffenuhh it equates to a racing game not adding support for steering wheels, only controllers. (this is less excessive) but just as stupid.
If you really dont see how this can hurt a game, then i have no idea how you think games work. No one is forced to buy anything, but as a developer you really would like for someone to buy your game tho. They have obviously accomplished this. But they also want their game to succeed in the long run. Blocking out a community known to be dedicated and great at organizing themselves is rather shortsighted.

Message 3 of 7 (439 Views)

★ Apprentice
@miniSunde It really doesn't equate to that at all. I would love to see a survey of how many people are actually using IR. I'm willing to bet it's actually much fewer than you make it out to be.
Message 4 of 7 (435 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@lindhoffen I am sorry that you are so misinformed, but the "NON VR" headtracking community 100% is as large or larger than the VR community. You make the mistake of assuming i am only talking Track IR. Head tracking solutions are aplenty, and the devs are giving every single one (but VR) the middle finger.
Message 5 of 7 (424 Views)

★ Apprentice
@miniSunde I should be sorry for you thinking that the developers purposefully are slighting a minority of their audience. Perhaps your perception of reality needs to be adjusted before jumping into the virtual world.
Message 6 of 7 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oy my God- another Head tracking thread by the same person.

Relax @miniSunde  The Devs said that while it wasn't in for Launch, that it might be added later on. 

So they heard you. Now let the rest of us get back to the Launch of this game please.  Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (317 Views)