Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

by BenWalke

Original Post

Re: Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

★★★ Newbie

Please don't ruin this game with Mobile Game elements like you did with Payback.

That "Upgrade" system was terrible and it was easy to see the entire framework of the game was to steer players towards spending real $$$$

Message 71 of 272 (1,650 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you ever thought maybe, I don’t know, replaying Most Wanted? Since you want the same Most Wanted so much? Remasters are dumb. Renewing licences and expending development time recreating literally the same game with fancy graphics is dumb. Just go play the old one.

Message 72 of 272 (1,660 Views)

★★ Novice

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone at the NFS team for working as hard as you do. Clearly you’re as passionate about the series as we are. I’m stoked to see the new logo and very intrigued to see what it will bring in the future.

I’d like to give my two cents on a matter. Though I personally wasn’t a huge fan of Payback, I’m pleased with the fact that you aren’t reusing any formulas. The people need to realise that remastering previous games simply isn’t a good idea. Underground was ginormous change from the Need for Speed before it, it was a new formula. That should always be the goal, not milking old ones. Most Wanted is also a great game, but if you (the fans) would really like to play it again as badly as you plead, then why don’t you do it? Play the old one, since that’s exactly what a remaster will bring. All the while, Ghost will develop a new formula that will bring success, in the same manner that Underground did in 2003. Don’t ride on legacies, create one.

Message 73 of 272 (1,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Still waiting for that NFS2015 offline patch....

The game is completely dead, snapshot like for money system is not working at all because nobody is doing it, daily challenges are too repetitive...

The whole online thing became useless, as everyone predicted.

Sure, you can enter a public or private lobby and race but come on, was always online really needed for players to enjoy the game ???

I want to play the game knowing that it won't shut down one day and lose all of it after paying a full priced product.

I got close to 400 hours on that game, I don't want to lose that count.

As for 2019's title, I expect no forced online requirements for single player gameplay, no more P2W 

Message 74 of 272 (1,638 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You mentioned what NFS means to us. NFS is one of the reasons that I am a car enthusiast so the franchise as a whole means a lot to me. To me, there are three elements that make an NFS game an NFS game:

A different variety of cars

Customization (some past titles that lacked it were still amazing, such as Hot Pursuit 2 and High Stakes, but that was a different era where that didn't matter as much) 

Pursuits

The first two have been represented well. There's a large variety of cars. good customization that needs a few tweaks to be great, but pursuits just haven't been good for a while. Ever since the first game. pursuits have been associated with NFS. The thrill of rushing through the city at 150 MPH with six cops on your tail, a helicopter overhead, and Rhinos readying to intercept you ahead with your only escape an alleyway; that right there is what I want to experience again. Cops in Payback and '15 are pathetic and Rivals took it way too far. I want to re-live the madness that was in Most Wanted '05, which I think had some of the best chases in the series.

You can't look ahead at the future without looking back at the past and remembering what made those 25 years great and what makes this franchise what it is. I feel that if the three aforementioned elements are well represented in the 2019 title, alongside with Speedcards and Brake-to-Drift completely scrapped, then you got yourselves a game that'll recapture the spirit that made NFS what it was.

I really wanted to like NFS 2015 but the handling model, pursuits, and other aspects turned me away. Payback addressed some of the gripes but took out the best things about 2015 (performance system). You said that NFS is the culmination of many different aspects and that they're being "injected" into the next game. I hope the 2019 game delivers on this.

Just take the time you need to make the best NFS game you can make.

Thanks for reading.

Message 75 of 272 (1,626 Views)

★★ Novice
C'mon, you didn't like Rivals, or the 2015 reboot?

Anyways, a remaster/remake (preferably) of Most Wanted 2005 or Underground 2 would be great... But they've already declared they're doing something different this year, so probably will be a completely new game.

Whatever the case, absolutely love the series, have been playing since a very young age, has been the most familiar series to me forever... Lots of fond memories and extreme nostalgic love for the games. Always loved racing games, and NFS has always been the best, Underground 1/2, Carbon, Most Wanted (2005, 2012), Hot Pursuit, Pro-Street, The Run, Shift 2, Rivals, 2015, Payback (unfortunately)... Just want a new game, maybe combining the best from each of the installments I mentioned... Would be great if it's something gorgeous and fun like Rivals, or customization-heavy, very lively night-time street racing, like Underground 2 or 2015. Just can't wait for a new game, Payback was horrible, a real disappointment.
Message 76 of 272 (1,636 Views)

★ Novice
Pls I am really looking forward for alot of cars and great gameplay pls ea hope this game make alot of success and hope it be better than forza I am a PS gamer from ps1 I used to play nfs games from the first one i have all of the have Platinum trophy for every single on PS3 and PS4 pls bring every good aspect from all the games and we need good physics in the game great gameplay and big map like if u mirge all the maps together just for the 25th anniversary that would be awesome alot of cars and customisations cause payback lacked alot but I liked it I am a big fan of ur games pls give us something really good so we keep remembering it like most wanted 2005 and underground. And hope u take the best racing game like most wanted 2012. Wish u all the best 😍😍😘🥰😍😍
Message 77 of 272 (1,615 Views)

I'm very disappointed with u and the last games

★★★ Guide

This is Need for Speed root, original not fast and furious, respect these games, bring back:

Cockpit view, Ferrari duel with Lamborghini and Porsche,

Climate conditions, maybe split screen;

Hot Pursuit mode, damage, fire, detailed hud, story of cars, musics, sounds...

Best NFS.png

Message 78 of 272 (1,598 Views)

★★ Novice

uh they’re not the same devs that made Most Wanted 05, EA Black Box who made Most Wanted 05 doesnt exist anymore. They closed in 2013. 

Message 79 of 272 (1,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

One thing that must be changed is the driving physics. It’s frustrating and unpredictable, you can’t make a proper turn without drifting, and even when you drift you don’t feel in control of the car. We need it to be simple, with every car feeling unique to drive. I want to be able to build a car that can corner like a race car, and another one to slide around just for the fun of it, and I want to feel the difference between these cars as well as be in control. Payback has a better driving physics compared to NFS 2015, but it still frustrating to drive. 

Another aspect that must be changed is the performance customization, no more random cards. We want to be able to choose what we want to upgrade on the car, just like every other racing game. 

Message 80 of 272 (1,745 Views)