Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

by BenWalke

Original Post

Re: Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

★★★ Newbie

PLEASE REMASTER NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED (2005)

Message 51 of 272 (2,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Some should just stop asking for another Carbon, Most Wanted or Underground. I know this will irritate some people but theses games made their time. Nothing will guarantee a remastered version will work nowadays. Specially from how old they are and that Carbon already had it’s remaster on PS3. We all had fun playing at these, cherished it during our childhood but NFS is far more than that and needs to go beyond these 3 games. Break with traditions. They came at a period where car culture was at it’s peek and revolutionised the genre by taking a huge risk: they made something that was not even a thing at the time (Underground). They didn’t try to add things people conceived as cool like they do today to please a community, charts, journalists, reviewers and all that stuff. No! They invested a lot of effort and passion into making what they believed was cool, make their vision of Need For Speed and hoped people would like it. Sure, these games were far from being perfect but it had so many things to reinvent how you’d conceive driving that it felt whole. I can still today remember myself driving in the streets winning a high speed race and go to another event where I could blow up my engine if revved too high in drags or slip like no real car could and risking to loose everything at a small mistake during drift evens. All that in my poopy taste green with yellow neons car. Yes, I had bad tastes as a child. But it felt good, challenging and rewarding. Specially with the unique aspect of the car you grew attach on. Would I too be happy to see it back? Yes, with today’s technology, I would also expect more for a better longevity of the game tho. I also miss too those times on Carbon, Most Wanted and even before that with Hot Pursuit 2 on ps2 and their blazing fast pursuits where I would count the cops out and those still alive, trying to avoid a helicopter that would drop literally anything it could to knock me on the side, up to even the driver (joking). But they need to start making their vision of NFS again and not what people expect to see. So forget the remaster idea, stop asking for a sequel to Most Wanted, Carbon, Underground,... And let’s hope to see one day, in a NFS game all the core components balanced out together in a single game that doesn’t feel empty even after finishing it Wink. 

Ps: I’m not saying to hold off great ideas. Only sit back and think about it first. 

Message 52 of 272 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please add a drift aspect to the new NFS like need for speed 2015. That game never got boring, you could just drift for hours with friends and never get tired of it. It would mean a lot because Need For Speed Payback didn’t have the best physics for drifting. 

Message 53 of 272 (2,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will there ever be a game like carbon for the PSP but with more races? NFS Carbon for the PlayStation Portable was fun and maybe adding swapping engines might be good for a game down the line

Message 54 of 272 (2,255 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What about a fix for the Prestige Challenges times ? Im so disgusted by the fact that you guys said that ya was gonna fix the stupid times but then acted like it never happened. Yall some poor excuses of human being. My apologies to my fellow nfs fans but the way they acting is so disgraceful makes me wanna puke. 

Message 55 of 272 (2,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tl:DR: Stop whining about not getting a remake for Underground-Most Wanted-Carbon, if you wanna play thoses games go get them on PC and use mods, new games try to be good aswell saying "make early 2000 game great again" does not help.

To all the people saying they want Most Wanted, Underground, Carbon and whatever ported with the shiny new engine for a new game… Get real already that's not going to happen and you know it, if it where to happen it would the worst idea ever… Just because you guys want it does not mean it will end up selling well, do you realise that from nowaday standpoint these games are dated af ?? Sure they had some good elements for them and they add a considerable amount of enjoyement for the player but remind me what you were doing after ending plot of the game ? Especially in Carbon where once you've done a race the money you receive from it was vastly diminished, Yeah Escaping the police sure that's enjoyale but you can't sell a game with this sole idea in mind. I too would love to see them do a Underground-Most wanted-Carbon game nowaday and I would really enjoy it to a certain point but we have to realise they now have competition in the racing game industry unlike in the early 2000 where there only was a few proper racing games and a them has a Street racing series that really sold well, Now ? They have Forza Horizon, The Crew wich both made great games that anyone can enjoy and on their latest entries they both added a bunch of features that compliments their game because they want new players to come on their games and possibly stay.

That being said I'm not saying the last games were great either, and please give us a really good customization and a wide range of cars that goes from very old to very recent and don't lock them behind excessively expensive season pass and for the love of god make the M3 GTR an actual race car (if it's supposed to be in game ofc also yeah I'm also a fanboy of that era )

Message 56 of 272 (2,255 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was just wondering, was there any plans of continuing the NFS Prostreet series? I just wanted to ask because Prostreet was one of my favorite NFS titles that was released. I felt like it was one of the best titles that you have created. I thought it was so cool to have that professional motorsport aspect of the races, but still held close to the street racing aspect from the customization and lack of penalties in a race. It was perfect in my eyes, and was the first game that brought me into the NFS series.

If you guys would want to have a sequal for a game, please make it like Prostreet. It was so underated and i feel like it would make a good standing up against fellow competitors of the racing game genre.

Message 57 of 272 (2,254 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is a forum with more than 60 pages peoples asking you to fix it since RELEASE DAY, BUT you guya still ignoring us as usual. Since NFS 2015 I havent touched nothing from EA and bear with me as I wont until something is done about it the moderator said it would be fix AFTER PAYBACK IS DONE, NOW PAYBACK IS DONE SO HONOR YA WORD AND GO FIX THE TIMES. 

Message 58 of 272 (2,254 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

EVERYONE noticed how we never evee seen footages from the creators times for those challengea ???? Lmao go look, I never seen no one from the nfs team doing a gold time let alone a BRONZE. Plain sad to see, you guys put random times and expecr us to get Gold lmao... Plus this game got more bugs than windows VISTA LOL... IM DONE with you guys ya liers and its pathetic even from EA. NOW FIX THE PRESTIGE CHALLENGES TIME ONCE AND FOR ALL JESUS CHRIST. 

Message 59 of 272 (2,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also like the carbon they released for the PSP they should have that as a stand alone game and extended it for PS or Xbox

Message 60 of 272 (2,242 Views)