Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

by BenWalke

Original Post

Re: Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

★★★★ Pro

Well,Rivals 2015 and Payback are both flawed,yet they are still making NFS2019.So I don't know if 3 means the end

Message 181 of 272 (710 Views)

★★★ Pro
@XGCSith I never said it would happen, but i said it should. Because one mistake and this serie is done. The best for the whole community, would be if EA hired a second studio. I mean then Ghost could continuing this street race trend, and the new studio could make a new Hot Pursuit etc. My point is i think its sad that Ghost and EA only care for the Gen z gamers, and not us Millenimum gen since we have been around. Much longer, yes many of us have kids and wife too take care of. But that is not a excuse, many of us have the time for gaming still.
Message 182 of 272 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BVBgamer88 wrote:
After all it is 25th annversery this year

@XGCSith wrote:

25 year anniversary

Anniversary doesn't mean anything.

A game celebrating any anniversary could still be a failure.

An example would be Jump Force.

Bandai Namco released this game to celebrate Shonen Jump's 50th anniversary and it was a failure.

However just like how NFS has its fanbase, Jump Force also has its fanbase too.

@GK3512 wrote:

Or this style fails then EA kills NFS as a whole,the end.

CLP122214 wrote:

If this new one turns out to be a failure, NFS, will more then likely, be done. There would be no way to come back from 3 bad selling NFS titles back to back. 

Honestly, EA should had already put the NFS franchise to rest years ago because it's just torture at this point.

They didn't even announce any kind of information about the upcoming NFS at EA Play this year.

If you're confident about your product, then you should had publicly talked about it to get people interested in your product.

Other games like Apex Legends, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, and The Sims 4 were talked about in EA Play this year. Why not NFS?

EA expects Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (which they talked about in EA Play 2019) to sell around 6 to 8 million copies, but expects the upcoming NFS game (which they didn't talked about in EA Play 2019) to sell around 4 million copies.

It's so obvious that EA has put the NFS franchise into the backburner for more important things like the games above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 183 of 272 (673 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@TheRealJony I'd love to see NFS ends as a total failure.Devs/Pubs with no respect of series history dont deserve to continue the series.Classic NFS is already dead for years(9 years since HP2010)and that means NFS is dead for me.EA doesnt even know the biggest advantage of NFS as a whole series brand.They just want to recreate FF Fever success that only exists in early 2000s.So EA doesnt deserve to continue the series or celebrate the full 25 years history of NFS
Message 184 of 272 (659 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 I have too agree with you man, EA dont deserve too be making NFS anymore. I would like too see what Codemasters or other studio could do with the francise, NFS too me has been dead since 2003 honestly. I blame Black Box for that mostly, since they come up with the idea too make a FF styled NFS game. Yeah Criterion * it up too with their Burnout styled NFS games, but yeah its sad too see devs like Ben Walker that has no respect for the series.
Message 185 of 272 (626 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 2003 was a breaking point,and HP2010 gave me hope once,so I prefer end is 2010
Message 186 of 272 (596 Views)

★ Novice

i agree, and add in some underground 2 detailing

Message 187 of 272 (547 Views)

★ Novice

just please stay away from the burnout style gameplay. i loved the old burnout games but it dont belong in nfs. go back to the days of great nfs. underground 2 and most wanted. the old most wanted not the newer crap. i as many were a hardcore nfs fan and gamer but sadly have been pushed away to other racing games. 

Message 188 of 272 (541 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ihearvoices79 A hardcore NFS fans should start with NFS before the so called golden age.UG1 to MW05 golden age games changed NFS completely,and steered away from the real root.Thus if EA is serious on going back to the root,they should never take golden age style as the definitive NFS.
Message 189 of 272 (788 Views)

★ Novice

I agree. And actually not just a hardcore nfs gamer but and racer should check out the older nfs games. I loved high stakes which i think was #3. I loved how u could win or lose ur ride. I hinestly dont remember much bout older nfs. I didnt get to play em much but i do remember they were great games. Point is tho the style from ug2 amd mw maybe even a lil of carbon would be great. It gives u the customizing we want and also a great gameplay. Now granted if they took aspects from older nfs i think it wuld be better. But in general. Get away from the burnout aspect and back to basics. The cars the customizing the storyline. And an open world that combined single player story and missions ect with a co-op/multi. That simple. Take ug2 mw2005 and then maje it where u dont have to go to a multiplayer session like payback had. And itd be golden. 

Message 190 of 272 (770 Views)