Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

by BenWalke

Original Post

Re: Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

★★ Novice

You've just spoken my mind. Cheers mate!

Message 91 of 272 (1,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Been playing NFS for as far as I can remember. The franchise is as old as I am but for the past decade or so it has been hard to compliment y'all on your work. Sometimes brings tears to my eyes. My ultimate NFS game...
  • Crazy * cops like THE ORIGINAL MOST WANTED, not that repulsive most wanted (2012)
  • Day & night cycle with dynamic weathering
  • Underground vibes
  • Shift handling or anything better or semi close authentic
  • Intriguing story
  • Customisation like NFS 2015, payback (no cards)
  • A game with the ability to pause
  • An actual free roam with the luxury of our lovely police frenemies
  • A wonderful single player experience
  • No stuffing multiplayer down someone's throat

But I'd be lovely if I could finally say, "NFS did it this year!" 

Inner thoughts... What a shame Forza Horizon doesn't have police and isn't available on PS lol

Good luck team

Message 92 of 272 (1,454 Views)

★★ Novice

All we want is a Need For Speed Most Wanted 2005 remake, that can be an awesome NFS Game

Message 93 of 272 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can’t Wait But Is Good To Hear The NFS Team Is Back There’s No Doubt The Next NFS Game Will Be The Best Racing Experience.
Message 94 of 272 (1,437 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My expectations:

1. Day/night cycle

2. Weather effects, rain, wind etc

3. Moody/cinematic lighting, we have enough realistic looking games that are doing well.

4. Tons of customization, including neon

5. Free roam cop chase

6. Live action cheesy and corny storyline, no in-game cgi

What we achieve with these:

Night + rain(nfs2015 style) + neon +  = NFSU2

Day + nfsmw style lighting + cops = NFSMW

So we can finally scratch all of the nostalgia itch with one new game, and wouldnt need any remaster.

Message 95 of 272 (1,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please bring the blacklist of some sort back to story. Please bring actual cops that are competitive like Most Wanted 05. Bring back ways to take them out as well. Burnout takedowns would be ideal. Bring back underground 2 customization. Tokyo Japan hasn't been done by anyone in so long. Please consider it. I will skip another year no problem if these points are addressed. 

Message 96 of 272 (1,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can’t wait to see your game trailer guys ❤️
Message 97 of 272 (1,371 Views)

★★ Novice

Please don't force police chases on me. In all the recent nfs games from nfs rivals onwards when you race you accidently get into police chases  I hate that  I always played nfs for the pure race. Racing in an exotic or a tuner car in an exotic location or city is what nfs meant to me  Police chases are good only when you know you are going to be in a pursuit mode race. If police interfere in all races it becomes hectic and the fun of pure racing goes away. And Ferrari and porsches and Lamborghini are must in any nfs game. 

Message 98 of 272 (1,233 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Please this time be a true need for speed not need for money!

Message 99 of 272 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

From NFS Most Wanted 2012 and on, NFS has been going steadily downhill. Where I used to look forward to the new NFS games, now I just cringe. It's time you took a step back. Go back to what made NFS rise in popularity. Look at Underground 1&2, Most Wanted 2005, Carbon, The Run (though that should have been open world like The Crew). The Story driven games about Street racing. I could even do with more games like Undercover and Pro Street. The early games didn't have a million cars and were STILL great. You need to win the fans back. Forget the stupid over priced dlc and loot boxes. Actually listen to what the fans want, not what you think we want. If you were smart you'd stop with everything being tied into online. We want a storyline we can replay and start over when we want to. For me personally, I must have played through the Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon storylines over 200 times each and I'm still not tired of them. Payback I would have liked to replay through the storyline but because you had that stupid online level system, I can't. Please listen to the fans! Stop making NFS games that get discounted and put in the bargin bin only a month after they come out because they are so bad.

Message 100 of 272 (1,214 Views)