Re: Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

by BVBgamer88

Original Post

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 I agree with most of what you say, but i still think that Ghost\Black Box\Criterion destroyed NFS like we know it. They should made UG and all those games like a spinoff, not a part of the orginally series. I would like too see what etc Activision could do with NFS, because i remember they made a game like Blur. That was okay except from the weapon system, mayby they could make a cannonball style NFS.
Message 261 of 272 (2,033 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Criterion's B2D is indeed nothing NFS at all,but that's for EA killed BB/SMS/Vancouver and other racing games devs,so Criterion was all thats left,hence why HP2010 came as a success after BB's continous failures.Criterion saved NFS(or I should say delay the end of NFS)from that horrible period.But with the second forced work MW2012(A Burnout game underneath)Criterion really has nothing for NFS at all(Because original design of a story version MW2 should be 2014 project,they were hugely rushed)The really killer of the devs is EA's greedy,they just want a quick grab of cash,hence why almost every game since UG1 has been rushed to some degree.
Message 262 of 272 (2,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been waiting for the new NFS game to come out and I will not play any other racing games.  It has always been about the type of car and the physics of the car while driving.  I watched the trailer and noticed that now I can now upgrade my in-game character and download an app.  I will never download or use the app and I'm not a fan of upgrading my character and even his/her socks at all and hope that those aspects of the game will not become a staple and or take away from the driving portion of the game.  I have been playing since the very first NFS and please continue to make great NFS titles.

Message 263 of 272 (1,942 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Guys,
Well, you have surpassed all of my expectations. Very impressive work. Now you can see the profits roll in.
This is the game we were yearning for. I am getting different flavors of UG2, Carbon, ProStreet in the Game. The drift physics, the new cars etc.
I think this game might resurrect the Need For Speed franchise.
I can't wait for the DLCs.

Message 264 of 272 (1,839 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@TanayC Except it's a contradiction to the so-called Back to the Roots game EA CEO stated before launch.So if that aside,if the game is mean to be a Blackbox ultra mix.Then it's job done.Like you said MW UG PS styles are in it.So a good mix of Blackbox games for Blackbox fans.But not the Back 2 the Roots like EA stated before launch
Message 265 of 272 (1,834 Views)

Message 266 of 272 (1,793 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 267 of 272 (1,832 Views)

★★★★ Pro
False Statements
1-You could say that the cars and customization of NFS are the beating heart of what we do. Without either of these, NFS fails to exist as we know it. These two elements play a pivotal role in the series and are two aspects that we consider to be foundational, meaning they aren’t going anywhere because NFS wouldn’t exist without them.(TNFS 1994 the orignial lacked customization,so without custom NFS still exists in 1994.Thanks for ruining the series history and fooling yourself while letting more and more classic NFS fans disappointed/gone from NFS)
2-we’re not here to look back and reminisce. We’ve got our eyes set firmly on the future. (Right,forget the past and does a Blackbox ultramix with countless elements from 10-15 years ago.Guess future it's very retro has-been in EA's view)
3-Our goal is to deliver a truly memorable high-speed entry into the 25 years of NFS, rather than a series of promotional events. The game matters most – a sentiment we bet you share with us. (The game matters most,even when it's an unfinshed buggy game,no,money matters most since we cant even get a refund.Also Heat is nothing memorable at all,put all Blackbox did into blender and overpowered it you get Heat.Thats not memorable,thats disaster)
4-Because traditions are all well and good, but they can also be broken, and new ones forged. Just because we’ve done something one way for the last few years, doesn’t mean we should continue to do so.(Heat doesnt break any tradition,as a Blackbox Ultra Mix it's packed with old games elements everywhere.However NFS started long before Blackbox messed it around with FF junk trend 9 years after TNFS)
5-packing our bags and heading south for the full unveiling. (Great,another 2 months to polish the game and it's still buggy like previous Ghost NFS)
6-Are you going to hear more about the next NFS title? Yes. Is it being released this year? Yes. Will we be doing anything in June? No. (missed E3/EA Play for almost nothing,which led to almost no new games in EA Play 2019,job well done)
Message 268 of 272 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BenWalke I think something should be added to this new game.
Some players exaggerate a little while designing. Like me.
They struggle a lot.
For example, they created a new set of patterns. However, it is very difficult to carry this mold to the other side of the vehicle. Therefore, there should be an option to save the pattern in one piece.
In this way, the player can continue to the model he saved without rebuilding the pattern and can share it if he wishes.
Message 269 of 272 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Need for speed if yall can this see this is someone who has been playing the game for years and i was asking could yall please put scat pack hell cat demons and track hawks in the game we want some motorcycles too camros the whole 100 basically want im saying is we want all tht up to dates car 🤷🏽‍♂️

Message 270 of 272 (1,474 Views)