Re: Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

by Instinctbluez

Original Post

Under the Hood: Turning up the Heat

EA DICE Team

NFS-Logo-White.jpg

Hold up . . . we are back!

What have we been up to? Well, as you can imagine, we’re in the business of making games, and Need for Speed games at that. You can also probably guess where this is going, but for those who haven’t a new Need for Speed game will be releasing later in 2019!

This year is a bit of a special one for NFS, too, as we are turning 25 years. We’ve had almost 25 years going fast, and we can’t wait to kick-start our 26th with the next NFS game.

And while we’ve had some great memories over those twenty-five years, we’re not here to look back and reminisce. We’ve got our eyes set firmly on the future. But even while focusing on the future especially this year we’ve also thought a lot about what NFS means to you, and perhaps more importantly what we hope it will mean as we move forward.

Cars naturally top the list. You could say that the cars and customization of NFS are the beating heart of what we do. Without either of these, NFS fails to exist as we know it. These two elements play a pivotal role in the series and are two aspects that we consider to be foundational, meaning they aren’t going anywhere because NFS wouldn’t exist without them.

But NFS is also the culmination of many different aspects, and there’s a special essence that appears when all these aspects come together at a very high quality, an essence that helps create that unique NFS feeling. You could say this essence is our DNA, and it’s exactly what we’re injecting straight into our next project.

Tradition, and our above note about a new game later this year, dictates that this is the time when you’ll be eagerly hitting F5 on our Social Media channels, waiting for that first detailed sign of something new, for that first teaser to drop. But let’s hold fire on that for now.

Because traditions are all well and good, but they can also be broken, and new ones forged. Just because we’ve done something one way for the last few years, doesn’t mean we should continue to do so.

Are you going to hear more about the next NFS title? Yes. Is it being released this year? Yes. Will we be doing anything in June? No. It’s as simple as that, but we wanted to give you a heads up before you started asking “where are you?” Our goal is to deliver a truly memorable high-speed entry into the 25 years of NFS, rather than a series of promotional events. The game matters most – a sentiment we bet you share with us.  

With that, know that we’re here, we’re building an amazing game that we can’t wait to show off, and the next time we talk, we’ll be packing our bags and heading south for the full unveiling. We’ll see you then.

The NFS Team

Message 1 of 272 (220,423 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Love that black background--white letters combination 👌 

It reminds me of Underground Standard smile

Message 2 of 272 (210,968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

And while we’ve had some great memories over those twenty-five years, we’re not here to look back and reminisce. We’ve got our eyes set firmly on the future. But even while focusing on the future especially this year we’ve also thought a lot about what NFS means to you, and perhaps more importantly what we hope it will mean as we move forward.

Perhaps you should look back and realize what you once did right and where it all went downhill afterwards - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Most_Wanted_(2005_video_game)

Just remaster this without adding any additional * like loot-boxes etc. and watch the profits roll in. You can maybe add in an open world multiplayer aspect to it. That's it. Period.

Message 3 of 272 (210,447 Views)

★★ Novice

Boa dia, pessoal vamos acordar? O mundo clama por um Underground 3! Com muito Tuners, nada de divisão de carros (Tier 1, 2 e etc...), hidráulicos, som, rachas, drifts, street x e até mesmos as URLs. Queremos tudo isso mais o sistema de Bounty do Most Wanted 2005! É legal ter carros exóticos mas o que curtimos mesmo é a possibilidade de deixar um carro comum tão veloz quanto. Queremos tunar! Queremos os clássicos, Eclipse GSX, R34, Mazda Miata MX5, Golf, Honda S200 e etc... Esse é o clamor de todos os fãs da série. Façam isso e venderão este jogo como vendem bebidas na minha cidade, 7 dias por semana, 24hrs sem parar! 

Message 4 of 272 (208,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I wish this is going to be "nut". I mean I really pumped up now. Since day one I played of the first title till Porches Unleashed on PlayStation 1, move up to Hot Pursuit 2 on PlayStation 2, from Underground - ProStreet to Hot Pursuit on PC and PlayStation 3, then now, Rivals-2015-Payback on PS4. The most prestigious franchise I ever played :D Hope this year we will see the comeback of NFS and listen what community wants for real. Peace out! #NeedForSpeedDoesn'tKillUs_SpeedIsWhatWeNeed
Message 5 of 272 (207,472 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Everyone wants nostalgic sequels like Most Wanted (2005) or Carbon (2006) even Underground 3 yet you’re ignoring the community. I played both Most Wanted and Carbon as a teenager and PC as a child and I love the simplicity of the game and how it truly fits. Even the customization in the game is more up in the hierarchy than games like NFS 2015 and Payback. As your games keep getting more innovative in somewhat a good and bad way with weird storyline and customization which I do say it’s great we miss the old things that we as a community stand out.  I just think the storylines in 2015 and Payback weren’t what we were exactly thinking of exactly. We anticipated something but it just didn’t seem to caught our eyes. I honestly hope that NFS 2019 brings back Underground, Most Wanted or Carbon. Any of those sequels I’ll take but I don’t want to play a game that doesn’t remind us of the past and just brings something new to the table. 

Please listen to the community. We want this 26th year to make not break.

-Sultan

Reply if you agree with me or not. I’ll take further points as well.

Message 6 of 272 (206,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ooh! NFS Underground 3!
Message 7 of 272 (205,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please remaster Most wanted from 2005, best one of the series.

Message 8 of 272 (204,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Firstly, must say this message kinda sounds very promising but we have heard that before. There must be a very good story. One that keeps bringing us back to watching the cinematics over 10 years later , a good amount of vintage but new cars as well with the deep customization that came with most wanted 05 and or carbon. Those were the best. Maybe include the driving mechanics from most wanted 2012 and new graphics plus everything else mentioned and then we shall have a great game 

Message 9 of 272 (202,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can't wait for this new NFS game Standard smile

Message 10 of 272 (202,486 Views)