Re: Under the Hood: Story and Characters of NFS Heat

by sjsharp2010

Original Post

★★ Guide

@BVBgamer88 This is my main issue is the replay ability factor once you beat the story and reach level 50 which makes night time and rep become pointless to get.

I’ve made a post about a pretty simple solution to the problem that I reckon will solve a lot of these issues. 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Solution-for-rep-after-lvl-50-and-end-game-content/m-p/...

The addition of leaderboards in the game showing the players with the most rep or wins will give the community a way of being able to continue on playing the game competing against one another.

Give us a most wanted list showing players with the highest rep scores so we can have our own sort of “league” since we didnt really care about the one in the story much.

Message 21 of 25 (905 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah I think most  single player games work best when they have a story. If you're just playing multiplayer then yes you can forget about a story as your mainly doing stuff with friends but in SP modes story is essential. Even  sports games have stories the only difference is in games like Fifa it's a story you create as it's all about your player/ manager and what you achieve in your career. I have bought Heat for myself as a Christmas present but yeah I must admit I'm looking forward to exploring this story for myself when I get round to playing it.

Message 22 of 25 (880 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@sjsharp2010 But if we treat Heat's story as a story itself,then it's normal but not a must,however when considering the returning story cars in Heat from older games then it will certainly cause plotholes(same with 2015/Payback with their returning cars)If we dont count these new games,even old Blackbox games contain plotholes themselves(For example how M3GTR became protagonist's car,where is the Darius Supra from Carbon Prologue)If story itself can't be flawless in setting and story-telling,then it's better to let go of the story totally
Message 23 of 25 (874 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GK3512 Buddy I understand your perspective. But I'll agree Ian304 in that the best NFS Titles were ones with a story. Not to say the rest are bad, but you get what I mean.
Message 24 of 25 (820 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I like how you brought in the character a bit more. However, when you decide to make the character customizable, realize that the player is going to want to identify with their character. Whether that is how they would like to look like if they weren't restrained by their surroundings or fantasizing about who they could have been if they were born differently. It is about inclusivity. I simply cannot identify with any of the standard characters because I do not have the body shape of a tank. Seriously, these guys could probably not even fit in most of the cars you make them race in. How is that for unrealistic beauty ideals? Oh, and another detail that just really, really annoys me. None of your characters have blue eyes. I know, they are details, but because of this I cannot choose a character that even remotely looks like me.

Message 25 of 25 (487 Views)