Re: Under the Hood: NFS Heat

by Jacobba55

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@VBPD-UNIT-103 Let's get all the PCPD cars in Heat, and maybe even uniforms or SWAT gear?
Message 31 of 71 (1,546 Views)

Re: Again no cockpit, thx for nothing ben!

★★★★ Novice

The Underground tuning era of NFS was the most widely received, most popular and highly rated in the series history. NFS was never a niche franchise but most people who have never played any other racer of any genre have memories of that era and specifically the customization those games had. My favorite NFS is Hot Pursuit and it would be great to get a fresh third title, Though I dont trust any current studio working for EA to do it justice, least of all Ghost (though I do have hopes for Heat). As for all the talk of remastering old games. Need I remind everyone here that not only has the NFS franchise never had a rerelease or remaster, But EA has never had a rerelease or remaster and have a consistent business culture of putting games behind them and never looking back aside from their necessary support of live service model games. I wouldnt actually consider that a bad thing necessarily either though I haven't played an EA game in years, but there's other companies who tend towards the trend of double or sometimes triple dipping on re releases or cheap remasters [IE GTAV and Bethesda].

Message 32 of 71 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Harawana Some great points here! But I must add that there have been a few remakes here and there. Namely, "NFS 2015" is a series reboot of the original R&T presents: The Need For Speed. As well as that, NFSHP2010 (or Hot Pursuit 2010) is a remake of the original, or at least a spiritual successor as Hot Pursuit 3.
Message 33 of 71 (1,504 Views)

★★★★ Pro
HP2010 can be treated as Hot Pursuit Reimagined for it continued HP style gameplay,but NFS2015 is a game lacked sub-titles.Just like MW2012 isnt a real MW successor(EA forced Criterion to rush a Burnout into NFS)NFS2015 isnt a real NFS(No Sutb-title) game either
Message 34 of 71 (1,502 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Those are very specifically reboots, and not remakes or rereleases. as the subject very explicitly states. And the only one out of those that had any relevant implications of its reboot origins was 2010s Hot Pursuit. Also not mentioned was 2012s Most Wanted "Reboot" which literally had no relevant relation to its namesakes callback to 2005s Most wanted. Point being, EAs business history, let alone NFS franchise has no precedent to retread past titles in their own right.

Message 35 of 71 (1,492 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Harawana Okay! EA doing what they do best. Never mind then...
Message 36 of 71 (1,711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No worries mate. I'm just highlighting to everyone implying that they would or should remaster or rerelease one of the old games (someone even mentioned that's what they should be doing for some anniversary) is wildly unlikely even if the studio wanted to. That's all.

Message 37 of 71 (1,705 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Harawana MW2012 was EA's fault,if Criterion had more time,maybe we could see real MW2 in 2014 rather than the BO MW in the end.(MW2012 is still a great fun game,but not a suitable MW game for sure)
Message 38 of 71 (1,656 Views)

★ Apprentice

“There are no loot boxes in NFS Heat and there won't be. We plan to have post-release paid DLC in the form of car packages. Later this year we will add a time-saver package that will show you collectibles on the map. And that's all,” said Walke.

F8RGE: https://www.reddit.com/r/needforspeed/comments/cq9c1n/under_the_hood_nfs_heat/

If the people of EA do not live up to what they promised, it will be the last sale, as this is one of the most anticipated and beloved games, everyone will rebel and talk about the cowardice that EA has committed. According to EA community manager Ben Walke, it was very clear: "There are no lootboxes and there won't be." There were some games that after a month came the gambling boxes. If they lie to us, they will devalue themselves, and everyone will turn on the "damn" mode for EA.

Message 39 of 71 (1,634 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi EA/GHOST, 

I would like to request for a wrap import. Now some of us spent hours if not days making our vinyls/ liveries, in NFS 2015 and NFS PAYBACK, and would hate to go through the same torture. So if we can import our wraps that would be so much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Message 40 of 71 (1,626 Views)