Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Unconfirmed leak - We are the problem

by gortessoth

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@Evok50 

That's assuming this "unconfirmed leak" is actually true.

Even if it were true, it's a leak and not an official statement. Pretty much everyone has made a similar comment at some point in their life when they didn't expect the people that overheard to leak it to somebody that would condemn the person who allegedly made the comment. 

Bad publicity *does* have a negative effect... so I can't disagree with the logic behind the "unconfirmed leak" and couldn't care less if that comment was a true statement or if it's simply a false rumor someone started to stir the pot. 

How would you like it if somebody put words in your mouth that made you look bad? 

This sounds exactly like the kind of rumor that would spew out of a toxic community...

I personally refuse to let someone else attempt to sway my opinion. 

Message 21 of 33 (318 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Didn't they do the same thing with Andromeda, right before they killed it off?

Message 22 of 33 (290 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Funny how you keep defending this games state and the people behind the reasoning for it being as is.

Again anybody who bought the game, is not at fault. 

Its beyond me how you keep referring to "vitrol" this "vitrol" that.

Game came out way subpar, and the company is to blame, very simple.

Learn how to conduct business the right way, or face the masses.

Message 23 of 33 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@shifter_6x wrote:

@Evok50 

That's assuming this "unconfirmed leak" is actually true.

Even if it were true, it's a leak and not an official statement. Pretty much everyone has made a similar comment at some point in their life when they didn't expect the people that overheard to leak it to somebody that would condemn the person who allegedly made the comment. 

Bad publicity *does* have a negative effect... so I can't disagree with the logic behind the "unconfirmed leak" and couldn't care less if that comment was a true statement or if it's simply a false rumor someone started to stir the pot. 

How would you like it if somebody put words in your mouth that made you look bad? 

This sounds exactly like the kind of rumor that would spew out of a toxic community...

I personally refuse to let someone else attempt to sway my opinion. 

Yes bad publicity has a negative effect. So does the complete lack of communication we are witnessing here atm. This company deserves the publicity they are getting for shipping the most incomplete AAA game in recent memory and charging full price for it. That and the fact they have already displayed they will stop working on a game if it bombs (MEA). Their customers did none of these things they did. You are completely entitled to your opinion as others are to theirs. You are just as guilty for trying to sway them as they to you.

I bought the game well after it came out knowing the problems they had and wanting to show my support. What I have seen now in more than 3 months makes me feel I was a complete fool for doing so. I would take my money back in a heartbeat.

Message 24 of 33 (250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ah yes, it's the player's fault the game cranked CPUs and hard drives to 100% while under utilizing GPUs, causing horrid performance for the first 3 months, and continues to do so for some.

It's the player's fault we disconnect semi-frequently and occasionally see our progress reset to zero.

It's the player's fault Bioware had to use Frostbite with little to no support, resulting in spaghetti code everywhere.

It's the player's fault development was practically stalled for 5 years, while most of the content was hammered out in roughly 16 months.

It's the player's fault portions of the main story make little sense due to content cuts in production.

It's the player's fault nearly every reported bug from the Alpha and "Demo" made it to live release.

It's the player's fault Bioware boasted about the ability to change loot on a whim with live server edits, and then acted like it was impossible.

It's the player's fault parts of the game randomly stop functioning with every other update.

It's the player's fault we bought Anthem, expecting at least a mostly complete and functional game from a AAA developer and publisher, and got something worthy of Steam Early Access.

I guess that last one is on us.

I want this game to succeed, I trusted in Bioware and I still want to believe they can do it, but stuff like this just wrong. It takes me back to The War Z, AkA Infestation: Survivor Stories. When the developer angrily blamed players for believing the feature list on the store page after people began noticing almost nothing was complete and the game was a hacker's paradise.

Message 25 of 33 (247 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

...and again, a rumor hits and the chickens begin screaming the sky is falling.

Get conformation then scream...I heard a rumor that the world is flat, watch out for the edge..I heard a rumor that Jeff Goldblum is a Martian, get the pitchforks.

Few are happy about the state of this game, self included, but I fail to see how unconfirmed rumor equals fact, yet there are those that seem to feel it does. Word of the wise, if you really hate this game (as a good number of the posters I see in this forum seem to) then take your unhappy a$$es somewhere else and find something that does make you happy. Staying on a game forum and spewing anger and hate when all it takes is finding other game to play is as easy as, well browsing the net...instead of having little more to do than troll. If you hate it so much then bolt, hanging here and trolling is childish.

I'm not talking about constructive criticism, that's needed but if you've nothing positive to say then you and everyone else will be happier if you move on and find something that you can be happy with. We know the state of the game, don't need you or anyone running with BS rumor's to back up your ire, take it someplace else.

Message 26 of 33 (226 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@MaireDevylin wrote:

This is unconfirmed, but in case no one came across it:

A new leak suggests that BioWare management is blaming the players for Anthem’s poor reception.

https://www.thegamer.com/bioware-blames-players-anthem/

I mean the management that literally * it all up beyond belief and made actual developers that work up to 100h a week redo the game from the ground up several times and liead about 90% of games features only that someone would buy this now blame everyone but themselves?

Like. No one is surprised. No one.

Message 27 of 33 (206 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Haruchai01 wrote:

When the management of a company starts blaming the customers for their problems the company needs to find new management.

Yeah well the company is management.

So the pigs will fly sooner than that will happen

Message 28 of 33 (205 Views)

★★ Guide

I sincerely doubt management would place blame entirely on the players. But I have no doubt that the toxic haters will take it, twist it and run with it Fox News style to keep themselves outraged.

Message 29 of 33 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

>>>>>  Spoiler Warning here <<<<  - If you're reading this thread and have just begun Anthem or have yet to play it!!!

"In a lightning round discussion with GameInformer, he [BioWare and Anthem executive producer Mark Darrah] claims that other games at the time, most notably The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, stole the game’s [MEA] thunder and also helped sink it." - Technobuffalo.com July 18, 2015

A blame game back in the day with MEA?  Yeah, so, you came in last with the competition.  And you "blame" them for it?  Since when does an Olympic competition racer blame the 2nd and 1st place winner for their coming in 3rd place?

Joe Juba of Game Informer asked, "Do you think MEA got a fair shake?"  Mark answered, "No," citing five new game releases in the same month, and specifically noting Zelda.  It is one thing to say your game release was beaten down by the competition and another to say that your RPG did not get a fair shake.  Wut???  Things weren't fair?  In other words, the competition cheated you???  [Fair shake? @2:51] (Entire video.  Note the answer to the very first question.  I'll give the benefit of a doubt here...that he is being sarcastic.)

Good sportsmen do not blame the better competitor for its own faults or shortcomings in competition, nor lay the blame on their fans.  If Bioware openly blames their competition for MEA not getting a fair shake...on camera, what is the probability of the same blame game happening behind closed doors concerning Anthem and its fans?

I personally don't recall any other new RPG releases in February 2019 or the months prior, that would have garnered attention enough to take my money away from pre-ordering Anthem (and subscribing to Origin Premier for early access..and the two months following).  Am I also to blame for this dark cloud over Anthem? 

In my years of gaming...shall I say decades of gaming, I have only felt "jipt" on two occasions.  One of my first..and this goes back in the day to when I first began console gaming, and it should have been with the Nintendo bundled with R.O.B.  That was a historic "Run'n Done" by NES.  They made one game for it and that was the End.  Even to this day, my only regret with buying the bundle with R.O.B was that it was a tough challenge and I never gave it the time it deserved.  I am regretting, that I can't play it at this moment.  No regrets about buying it.

Years later, I did feel jipt in buying a Sony PS cartridge game.  So jipt that I returned it for a refund..the same day I purchased.  Why?  Because I finished the entire game in about 7 hours after purchasing it.  The same I told the game retailer, who willingly refunded me $40.  

I felt elated with Halak saying, "Faye...we did it...We did it!"  and at the cutscene with Tassyn and GM Adams unveiling the corpse of a Urgoth [ 50:22] a race thought to have been long gone from Bastion.   Act 2 I thought to myself, "Man this going to be sweet!.  I began to feel jipt after the closing credits, upon returning to Tarsis to the realization that there was nothing else new and fresh.   But in the meantime, Bioware said there will be other expeditions, cataclysm and a host of other content to keep me involved and entertained in Anthem until then.  I can't help but feel jilted at this point, as with many many others.

Rumor or truth...it really matters not Bioware.  Get out in front of this.  Grow some and take this bull (rumor) by the horns and wrangle it.  A little PR work, backed by some good trustworthiness and following through, could turn your entire image around.  You don't need to win over the masses, you only need the few...a few good Freelancers.

A lot is at stake here, perhaps more than you have realized.  I and many others...the few...are not only fans of Anthem, but also of the Dragon Age franchise.  So is my daughter.  We both have played the DA franchise since the first release.  You can imagine that I have already given her my thoughts on the possibilities that could await DA4, in light of what I have experienced Anthem, as most if not all of the Anthem team are probably working on DA4.  She trusts my opinion.  I won't be jipt twice by the same hand, so make it right for your fans now and the success of DA4 before it arrives. Not for all of them...but just the few.  Anthem may be your ace with which to build DA4 upon a winning platform.  You will need Anthem to be its forerunner.

Message 30 of 33 (156 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help