Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Unconfirmed leak - We are the problem

by KALIUMG

Original Post

Unconfirmed leak - We are the problem

★★★★ Guide

This is unconfirmed, but in case no one came across it:

A new leak suggests that BioWare management is blaming the players for Anthem’s poor reception.

https://www.thegamer.com/bioware-blames-players-anthem/

Message 1 of 33 (1,416 Views)

★★ Apprentice

and all they have to do is fix loot....the main thing that has been a problem since before launch

or a crafting system where you can...* CRAFT

we aint asking for the moon just the most very basic of a looter shooter....loot

if for some reason you cant figure out how loot works, as it would appear, add crafting patterns....and that is easy as its already in the system just make and give patterns on any legendary you have looted and let us craft to our hearts desire

Message 2 of 33 (1,375 Views)

★★ Pro

When the management of a company starts blaming the customers for their problems the company needs to find new management.

Message 3 of 33 (1,352 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I caught the discussion over on reddit.

Trust me, you do not wanna go in there unless you are ready, like really ready to hear some hard truths about the state of anthem.

It is not the place for the low sodium, nothing is wrong with this game, kind of comments.

Confirmed or not, it is not the sort of thing you want people speculating about. 

Really bad pr. 

Message 4 of 33 (1,314 Views)

@KALIUMG wrote:

Confirmed or not, it is not the sort of thing you want people speculating about. 

Really bad pr. 

I'm really not sure how rumor, made up stuff up and future plans we knew already, is 'bad PR'?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 5 of 33 (1,284 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@KariiFrost wrote:

and all they have to do is fix loot....the main thing that has been a problem since before launch

It's about more than JUST loot

Message 6 of 33 (1,262 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Simple, how well does it go over when a company, true or false, starts "blaming" their customers, for their own mistakes.

It wasn't the customer's that launched a subpar product.

If someone puts forth an idea.

I guarantee you, someone else will come along and read it, as being true.<---hence the bad pr. 

Message 7 of 33 (1,264 Views)

★★ Guide

So the most toxic vitriol toward a game ever has had no impact? Is that what the ever-salty crowd would like to think... that their daily bashing has no impact on sales? Exactly how far from reality are they willing to go? 

To me it looks like a crowd amped up on demolishing a brand. 

From what I can see, anytime there is word about anthem, announcements of any kind, the cynical mob use it as a springboard for more bashing. It’s beyond reason.

Message 8 of 33 (1,228 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah, sorry everyone.  My bad.  PS4 pilot errors are my fault.

Message 9 of 33 (1,209 Views)

★ Pro

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

So the most toxic vitriol toward a game ever has had no impact? Is that what the ever-salty crowd would like to think... that their daily bashing has no impact on sales? Exactly how far from reality are they willing to go? 

To me it looks like a crowd amped up on demolishing a brand. 

From what I can see, anytime there is word about anthem, announcements of any kind, the cynical mob use it as a springboard for more bashing. It’s beyond reason.

...because we get so many announcements.

Sorry, I still enjoy the game and want it to do well, and I am far from being a "white knight", it's just I am personally unable to turn a blind eye to glaring issues that continue to hold this game back from reaching it's potential.

There was a lot of hype going into this game and it's sad when all of those EA game changers and youtube sites that heavily supported and recommended the game are not covering Anthem anymore, let alone able to recommend it in it's current state, and they too wanted Anthem to do well.

Label us impatient, entitled little brats (not that their aren't a few), but also be able to note EA/Bioware has brought a  lot of this on themselves and their recent lack of communication isn't helping the matter what so ever.

Many are just finding it harder to have as much hope due to the radio silence, along with misplacing our rose tinted glasses, and becoming far more critical due to such. Let's hope we will get some good news soon, just don't get upset when we don't hold our breath waiting.

Message 10 of 33 (1,188 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help