Unable to play EA games on Xbox

by GunnerGaming6000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to play EA games on Xbox

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I made an ea account YEARS ago and they expect me to remember the exact date I purchased something and the now very expired and long forgotten credit card information on the account. The email no longer exists so I can’t just verify it, so now I can’t play any ea game on my Xbox because my gamer tag is linked to a useless ea account. An ea account I can’t access because the email doesn’t exist. I even tried to log in using the Xbox sign in option, I did the third party Authenticator from Microsoft and everything but EA still refuses to let me in my account.

EA needs better support too. I tried both the chat and call options. Neither representative had any way to solve my problem other than “sorry, try to remember the stuff you forgot and contact us again later”…….

I asked for some more help and was told no one would help me even if I wanted to escalate my issue. No one can solve a problem their customer is having.

I don’t know how else to feel other than utterly defeated and upset at EA. Is there REALLY nothing that can be done for us? I know I’m not the only person that this is happening to. 

Message 1 of 4 (548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to play EA games on Xbox

Community Manager

@GunnerGaming6000 

Account security is important to us.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, it’s important that we can verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

If you’re able to regain access to your email account later, you can resume this case on EA Help at help.ea.com/my-cases/ or click Contact Us on any help.ea.com page to start a new case.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (508 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@GunnerGaming6000 

Account security is important to us.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, it’s important that we can verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

If you’re able to regain access to your email account later, you can resume this case on EA Help at help.ea.com/my-cases/ or click Contact Us on any help.ea.com page to start a new case.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

At what point does following red tape become more important than customer service or the human experience in general? There are dozens of threads on the EA message boards alone of this exact issue and the response to everyone is that they are out of luck. It's just one more comical mistep the the marathon in the wrong direction that is EA. 

Message 3 of 4 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @WarCarrot89,

While I can understand the sentiment here, basic security practices are a bit more than simple red tape.

We cannot make any changes to someone's account without first verifying we are speaking to the account owner. That's what this comes down to in the end.

This particular thread is nearly a year old and is being locked here as this is not an issue we're able to assist with via the forums, thanks. 

Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (401 Views)