Unable to install game as unable to sign in to Origin client

by AMolyneux19

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to install game as unable to sign in to Origin client

★ Novice

Hello all,

For 24 hours now I've been trying to install Sims4 and have got stuck at the point of trying to sign in to Origin client. A common problem, and I've tried everything I can find online (there's a lot out there) as well as seek support from the Origin/EA chat - they have tried to help me twice and I don't seem to be able to access chat support again (none of their help has worked so far).

This seems to be a common problem - am I just not getting it? Should I give up and admit eternal defeat?

It seems that my Origin client is offline, and of course I can't progress at trying to download the game (because this is a stupid process which doesn't make any sense apart from the interested parties being able to make extra money) without being able to sign in through Origin client. No idea what happens after this. I keep getting error messages 'Origin login is currently unavailable' and 'You must be online when logging in for the first time". I am online. I have consistently been online.

I can log in to the website via my browser.

Is there anything else to try? Is anyone else having this problem? Is there any other way of accessing or downloading the game? If I buy the game via the origin website, will I still have to download the client or can I just download it straight to my computer from there? But still play offline? Ugh. What happened to the good old days of buying a game from the shop, installing it to your computer, and playing it from the disc?

Message 1 of 3 (253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to install game as unable to sign in to Origin client

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @AMolyneux19.

The best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (206 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @AMolyneux19.

The best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko He can't log in because his account was probably wrongly suspended like thousands of others who haven't even touched origin in years.
Message 3 of 3 (192 Views)