Re: Um. How did Revenant get in the games?

by ChesterEveryOne

Original Post

Um. How did Revenant get in the games?

★★★ Guide

So, this bugs me a little bit. 

In Crypto's lore we find that he's had to change his entire appearance and persona to fool the suits running the Apex games. There is a loading screen of his with text that implies there is an application, testing, and approval process for new legends

So HOW THE HELL DID REVENANT GET ON THAT DEOPSHIP??

If we know the syndicate is looking for him. I mean, they got a CLEAR shot of his face during the interview when he murdered Forge. He's been hunting down Hammond affiliated folks for 25 years. How did that conversation go? 

I'm picturing Revenant in a boardroom with a bunch of suits around a table....

"I am your next legend"

"Hey listen here buddy, you can't just come in here killing off our talent and expect us to greet you with open arms."

"Yes I can."

"Um. Uh. No you can't. We're going to find someone else."

"I'll kill them too."

"Hammond specifically said they would not permit you fighting in the games"

"Have you seen what my hand can do?"

"Ok sir, here is your respawn banner, the drop ship is right this way. Enjoy your stay in the outlands."

I need an explanation for this lol.

Message 1 of 5 (1,605 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@blkarmphoenix There is an application and background check, but I don’t think it’s necessarily hard to get in. I think it’s more a matter of ‘will the crowd love you’ and are you stupid enough to ‘risk your life’ for fame & glory.

I do love your exchange tho XD.

Except the ‘Yes I can’. He would never say that. He’d either state that he is the next legend again, ask if that person has a death wish or kill that person. I know Revenant quite well by now, he’s almost like my brother, thats how close we are. Thats why I know 😈
Message 2 of 5 (1,592 Views)

★★ Pro
@blkarmphoenix They put murder robot in Apex games because Mirage didn't get a buff. Wait, that's not right...
Message 3 of 5 (1,589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! 

I stumbled upon this and realised that nobody answered this correctly for you. You probably already know the answer, but essentially the apex games is run by the mercenary syndicate, and revenant belongs to the mercenary syndicate. In order to keep him from turning his attention to killing all of them the same way he killed Hammond Robotics, and also to keep an eye on him, and to satiate his need to kill (as per his programming), the syndicate somehow convinced him to partake in the games. This way they can monitor him, and keep him busy in one hit. Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (1,426 Views)

★ Novice
@blkarmphoenix They needed a new villain for the games cause Caustic gets to much sympathy after adopting Wattson.
Message 5 of 5 (1,414 Views)