Re: Ultimate League - Rose Healing Deck

by Azombioso

Original Post

Ultimate League - Rose Healing Deck

★★ Guide
Wow! I just realized I had to make it to Ultimate League in 2 weeks! Check out the date on the original post:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Heartichoke-is-back/td-p/6611977

So this build went through several changes, but not too much off the original. VERY strong late game. I try my best not to play any Pokemon until turn 4 if at all possible. Either an Eyespore + Pepper M.D. + Lil' Buddy wombo combo or 2 Pepper M.D. + Lil' Buddy is the optimal starting set-up.

First picture is proof I actually got to Ultimate League... with 6 hours remaining. *sweated bullets* I only had two weeks to get this done. Might sound easy, but when you have a life, playing casually and ranking up is pretty tough. Overall this deck had a 80-90% win rate.

Second picture is the deck itself. Third is an example of what you can get with 2 Aloesaurus and a Pepper M.D. 9 times out of 10 you win if these three are out on the board. The opponent usually doesn't know which to kill first.

Hope you enjoy playing this deck. EXTREMELY easy to win with if played correctly. My highest winning rate deck so far since season 1.
Message 1 of 8 (2,963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Pity most heal decks fall over due to "Deadly Imp" decks, even worse if they have strikethrough...

Message 2 of 8 (2,951 Views)

★ Guide

Congrats. I love Rose but I have had little success with her. I find her super powers on a whole to be fantastic (unless you have to goatify a pet deck) but I just cannot seem to execute a proper freeze deck.

I am curious why Rose vs Solar Flare given that deck is all but 3 Solar (Cob Canon and 2 DF). Root Imitator is quite handy, Dandy Lion King is powerful and Berry Blast is arguably more useful that Whack A Zombie. Cost 1 less sun, does direct damage to Hero and can take out any level zombie with 3 health that can be hurt.

Also no environments and no ability to take out water lane (and limited to one superpower removal/reduction of water lane zombie) is problematic.

I guess nothing beats those Dragon Fruit though once you get to turn 8. But for healing decks I prefer the flower healing decks of WK and SF. Briar Rose for removal, tons of flowers with synergy, and either strong defense with WK or offense healing with SF.

Must haves in my solar deck: Lil Buddy, Primal Sunflower, Briar Rose, and Solar Winds environment. A good starting hand is a primal sunflower (or solar winds) and a Briar Rose. Do not drop your Sunflower on turn 1 as it is critical to generate that extra sun on turn 2 so you can play the Briar Rose on turn 3.

Message 3 of 8 (2,943 Views)

★ Guide

@markall42The perfect counter to Deadly Imp decks is Solar Flare. I learned that after getting my WK healing deck abused.

I carry 3 Berry Blasts and 2 Banana Bombs. Probably overkill as 2 of her super powers takes out those imps but given I do not carry water lane plants it worked better for me having more kabloom cards.

Message 4 of 8 (2,942 Views)

★★ Guide
True, but I didn't have too many problems with deadly imp decks. Probably won about 50/50.
Message 5 of 8 (2,927 Views)

★ Guide

Whack A Zombie works great for boosted zombies like the kind you find in pet decks. Berry Blast you have to be very proactive with those. I like Rose but I have not been able to figure her out.

Message 6 of 8 (2,908 Views)

★★ Guide
I fell in love with her since season 1. I originally mained a freeze deck, but the current status of freeze plant decks are mediocre at best. If they gave the freeze environment to Smarty class instead of zombies they might still be viable. As of right now, healing is the strongest deck you can run with her.
Message 7 of 8 (2,894 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Congratulations man!!! :D

This season feels like a fun one, and Rose is definitively in there!!

Let's just hope that this type of deck isn't too strong, or people are going to request some nerfs for it... :/

Message 8 of 8 (2,846 Views)