Ultimate League Bean Deck

by ThCakeIsALie

Original Post

Ultimate League Bean Deck

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Jeez this has been the hardest season to make it to lvl 50, but I did it again as a plant main. Zombies definitely have the easier game this season. I had to alter my deck many times this season more so than any other season. Being a plant main, I sold 20+ zombie legendaries to make this deck and I'm pretty proud of it.

This deck is simple and @daalnnii made a similar deck, in my original thread, here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/This-combo-is-stupid-Beans/m-p/6440103#M9833

This deck is extremely simple to use. It's pretty much all beans.. and two dragons.

Pro-tip: Play Admiral Bean 1st turn, Lima-Pleurodon 2nd, and you will have done 6 damage to your opponent at the end of turn 2 (if he doesn't stop you with anything).

2nd picture is how quickly your front line can grow w/ 4/4. Don't mind the Mayflowers and Sportacus, I took them out recently and focused 100% on bouncing the enemies.

3rd picture is why I switched out Brainana for DMD.

Environment cards are to counter enemy environments and to add to the flow of Magic Beanstalks from Lima's ability.

High win rate overall. Have fun! Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (635 Views)

Re: Ultimate League Bean Deck

★ Pro

Yes, it's very hard to gain levels in this season, never had so big loss rate as now. Hard to find high rate winning deck. Some day one deck works almost with 90% winning rate and in next day the same deck loses 99% of the games. Cards are coming so randomly and your opponent has only right cards in hand. It's so frustrating Frown

Message 2 of 10 (613 Views)

Champion (Retired)
It's such a hard decision for me. I love dmd, but brainana has save my * so many times! I'm just going to have to try the switch for a few games and see.
Message 3 of 10 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
I completely understand. I was right where you are before I made the switch. I felt the exact same exact same way. I loved Brainana, he saved my butt a lot of times! But after doing some testing I found DMD to be better overall. Brainana is situational at best. He's a great clutch tool and can really put a stumbling block on your opponent, but in the long run he pails in comparison to DMD. While Brainana helps you in that one crucial turn, DMD has the potential of influencing the entire state of the late game. All of a sudden it's not just the zombie's trick phase that's of concern, but the fact that DMD does 6 SPLASH damage! He becomes the single strongest bane of the entire zombie deck if you can protect him with a Cosmic Bean or something else. There's a reason why his image replaced Cornicopia's.

After I tested one DMD in my deck I knew it was such a bane to all zombie decks that I had to have two... But no more than two or you're asking to lose to aggro decks.
Message 4 of 10 (595 Views)

Champion (Retired)
That's a fair point. It's basically the same effect as brainana almost every turn once you get it out.
Message 5 of 10 (588 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thanks for sharing!  I had a similar deck, but making some tweaks based on what you guys have discussed/shown here.

BPRD

Message 6 of 10 (572 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm not a fan of DMDrago personally. I feel that for a single card to counter both zombies (splash damage) and tricks, while having the amphibious trait, an ability unneeded by splash-damage plants other than for offensive purposes, it seems to cover all bases, making it a pretty powerful, risk-free play. Just my opinion though.

Message 7 of 10 (570 Views)

★★ Guide
The current meta is in favor of the zombies so anything to help out my fellow plant player, imo.
Message 8 of 10 (563 Views)

★★ Pro
That is a defeatist way of thinking. Basically you are saying beat the cheap no thought zombies with whatever cheap no thought plants.
And obviously not cheap as in prices....
Both sides have power cards, just because they aren't off setting doesn't make it an unfair advantage.
There's always something that someone else will consider unfair. Just make use of what you have to the best of your knowledge, and what else can you do?

Plus, there are also ways to make other cards more powerful then they should, but usually it takes some luck to get there, and then smarts to pull it off.
Message 9 of 10 (551 Views)

★★ Guide
There are only 2 DMD's in this deck. With the current meta, getting an 8 sun cost card in the beginning is very bad. Zombies have an average of winning by turn 5 right now. DMD's add great late game prowess. If you play this deck correctly, the 4/4 - 1 cost Magic Benstalks are strong enough. DMD's are great vs high trick / late game decks, but they're not what wins you the game with this specific deck. This deck is about bouncing.
Message 10 of 10 (547 Views)