Ultimate Edition - Misleading!

by BigTooteroo

Original Post

Ultimate Edition - Misleading!

★★★ Newbie

I like playing Battlefront with my kids, and decided the extra maps would justify the purchase price to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition, especially the Death Star. So I made the purchase, installed the new modules on our XBOX, and went back into the game to find... nothing. Or, almost nothing. Eventually I discovered that additional heroes are unlocked, but we're all disappointed not to have more. We don't play online, which is why I bought a game with single and two-player modes. I understand that some features may only be applicable for online multiplayer (like team-based game objectives), but there's no reason that should apply to maps.

The game description for the Ultimate Edition promises "four upcoming expansion packs filled with new content". It's misleading and dishonest to to characterize a few additional heroes as "filled with new content" when all of the maps and weapons remain the same. You didn't deliver what you said you would.

Message 1 of 3 (855 Views)

Re: Ultimate Edition - Misleading!

Community Manager

We appreciate your feedback on this and apologize if the description wasn't entirely clear enough on what you receive in the Ultimate Edition. If you purchased the Ultimate Edition through the Xbox Store we recommend reaching out to Xbox Support with any help regarding purchases for your Microsoft account. 

Click here to contact Xbox Support

The Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition is now included with EA Access. You get access to a library of games as well as play the latest released games from EA early with "Play First Trials." I'm not sure if you were aware of EA Access, but if not here is more information for it below.

EA Access on Xbox One

https://www.ea.com/ea-access

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (814 Views)

Re: Ultimate Edition - Misleading!

★★★★★ Newbie

I also experienced this issue as I thought that the maps that would have been included with these expansions would have been available for offline play. That's the main reason why I had originally made this purchase. I feel that if these maps were brought to an offline mode, then that would allow more play ability for players who don't play online and for players that do play online, but the online servers may be slow that day. It would provide an alternative that would better expand upon the game play. 

Message 3 of 3 (589 Views)