Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

UPDATE: Madden NFL 22 Early Access Timer Trial Issue (Xbox)

by EA_KRAELO

Original Post

UPDATE: Madden NFL 22 Early Access Timer Trial Issue (Xbox)

EA Madden NFL Team

MAD22_Benefits_MOTD.png

Hey Madden NFL Community,

Our team wanted to provide an update to yesterday’s post, where some players in the Madden NFL 22 Early Access Trial on Xbox were seeing their countdown timer run down after exiting the game.

We appreciate your patience as we've been working closely with Microsoft to ensure impacted players get their full Madden NFL 22 Trial experience.

From now until 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday,  August 17th, existing EA Play members on Xbox and existing Game Pass Ultimate members will now have unlimited access to the Madden NFL 22 EA Play Early Access Trial.

For players who have not used their trial hours and wish to do so in the future, please note the below workaround to ensure your timer stops while not playing Madden NFL 22. We are working diligently to ensure the timer issue is fixed ASAP.

Current Workarounds

To ensure you get your full 10 hours, following your playtime, players should reboot their Xbox console using the "Restart Console" option (long press Xbox Button - Select "Restart Console). This will stop the Madden NFL 22 Trial and the countdown timer from running in the background. 

Xbox Restar.jpg

Note: Powering your console Off will only stop the countdown timer from running in the background if the console is in "Energy Saving" mode. If the Xbox console is using "Instant On" mode, then this issue will continue unless you follow the steps above. For this reason, we recommend restarting your console over just powering off your console. Thank you!

The Madden Team

Message 1 of 20 (10,579 Views)

Re: UPDATE: Madden NFL 22 Early Access Timer Trial Issue (Xbox)

★★★ Novice
@EA_KRAELO thanks didn't expect that will be trying that out 750 people in other thread had issues maybe post this link there
Message 2 of 20 (7,745 Views)

@ecompton59 already did that. Thank you for the hint!

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 3 of 20 (6,465 Views)

Early Access Trial Timer (PlayStation 5)

★★★★ Novice

Yesterday afternoon, I jumped off my game and checked before I left and had 4 and a half hours left. I jumped on this morning and my time is completely gone. I completely closed my game, and turned my console completely off. You should be doing the same for PlayStation as you did for Xbox, because we are having the same issue.

Message 4 of 20 (4,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

quick question i preordered the mvp edition like a week ago will i go into the full game at midnight tonight 

Message 5 of 20 (4,976 Views)

Madden 22 Trial End Date

★ Novice

I know that they released an unlimited play for EA Play members today to make up for the trial timer issues.  The graphic says that "this full game trial will end Tuesday 8/17 at 11:59 P.M."  Is that the unlimited playtime or the entire trial? I have 5 hours left to play and was planning to play them leading up to the standard release on Friday.  So am I going to be unable to get in tomorrow even if I didn't use all 10 of my hours?

Message 6 of 20 (4,571 Views)

@JG0113 I'd guess yes, but I'm not perfectly sure. I'd guess it should be 12.00 PM Eastern time.

Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do

Message 7 of 20 (4,570 Views)

Re: Early Access Trial Timer (PlayStation 5)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue.

I logged on this morning, and it said I had 3 hours and 13 minutes left. I played for 30-45 minutes. Turned off the game and rebooted the playstation.

Tried to log on ~30 minutes later and it no longer had any time left.

There are also a number of people who reported this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenUltimateTeam/comments/p5jkzp/ps5_trial_not_working/

Message 8 of 20 (4,147 Views)

Re: Madden 22 Trial End Date

@shane-m-haff please, @EA_KRAELO could you answer @shane-m-haff 's question? thank you!

Message 9 of 20 (4,547 Views)

Re: Madden 22 Trial End Date

★★★★★ Novice

Why this couldn't be done like 2 days ago is beyond me. Feel for the people that bought the trial expecting to get their hours on the weekend and can't use these hours today.

Message 10 of 20 (4,460 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help