Re: Two players career ?

by ScarDuck14

Original Post

Champion (Retired)
@Meza994 I’m dreaming they have made some updates but the evidence is. If they have they will be small. Otherwise they would be showing them off in the marketing. I do think they may go back to the better upgrade tree. But that’s about it. I do hope they have got rid off second driver facilities
Message 21 of 32 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ScarDuck14We do have the precedent of classic cars not being mentioned pre-launch of F1 2021 and it turned out it was because they'd been removed from the game, so some caution over things not mentioned isn't unreasonable IMHO. I'm going to take the Reddit post I linked to at face value for now but I suppose I can't be absolutely certain the person who posted it actually works for Codemasters. For anyone who would find a lack of 2-player career an absolute deal-breaker I'd have to say don't pre-order to be completely safe based on what I can say we KNOW currently. Hopefully we will get official confirmation posted here though.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 32 (469 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ScarDuck14 I don't think so. Codemasters and EA never should focus on new players and so they have to mention every content of the game, which made the last years games great too!
It would be a big marketing mistake if they just don't tease content of the game, which a lot of players loved in the past so far.
I mean even if this mode is not new for us, at least it should be part of the discription that you can play driver / my team / coop career. This is such a main part of the game. And we already see that some of us don't want to pre order the game, if we can't be sure, that these modes are included. Unlogical markenting strategy for me, still.
Message 23 of 32 (417 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@DonBlanko I think the marketing strategy is focused getting back the players they fear they lost after 22. They know the issues are poor handling and multiplayer experience. So that’s where they are focusing on. Still 2 weeks to pre order the game. I dare say full list of features will be released before then.

Is it the wrong strategy. Maybe. But considering how much EA have made from their games in the last 40 years I think they know what’s right or wrong. I have no background in marketing so I don’t know or care what is the right strategy. As I won’t be buying the game 😁
Message 24 of 32 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@X2InStinX_X3R  never said I wasn’t getting it

Message 25 of 32 (359 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@X2InStinX_X3R I said I won’t be buying it

Message 26 of 32 (345 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay everybody, we can calm down!

The achievement list is out ( watch here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/F1-23-Achievement-List-Revealed/m-p/12619148#M2511 )

and there is a prove, that coop challenges are part of the achievements there. 

So the Mode must be included in the game. Standard smile 

Still confused about not other chance of reading what modes are finally in the game. Strange Marketing strategy.

Message 27 of 32 (201 Views)

Champion (Retired)

F1 world, braking point and new tracks  is we’re all the development resources have gone.  They know 22 was bad and they know those who buy the game will be sceptical off buying this year. So they are pushing the better handling and the new modes:  Rather than career modes. As I’m pretty sure they will be c&p from last year and if a already sceptical player base see nothing has been done it will put people off buying it

Message 28 of 32 (193 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ScarDuck14 Yeah probably you are right.

If Codemasters really want to focus on the expierenced player base and to focus on the bad things from last game, then this would be a good attitute. We will see. So I understand that they don't tease a career mode which they only changed in details, maybe.

But what I still don't understand is, why they even don't write (my team) carreer and coop career in the discription on amazon, their homepage and so on. That the giving player base become unsure to buy because they don't know about the main features is a sign, that it was a crazy decision of presenting the game. But nevertheless, I am not worrying anymore now! Standard smile Glad!!
Message 29 of 32 (162 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@DonBlanko In game description on PS store Myteam is mentioned. But career and co op are not 🤷🏻‍♂️
Message 30 of 32 (148 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help