Two months to get my hacked and banned account back. No refund on wasted s pass.

by regicideorange

Original Post

Two months to get my hacked and banned account back. No refund on wasted s pass.

★★★ Novice

I had my account hacked and banned. After waiting two months I finally got my account unbanned as their "escalation" team determined it wasn't me who was cheating. During this time I only got to use three weeks of the season pass I purchased. I asked for maybe the rest of the current seasons pass, a measly 300 apex coins so I could afford another pass, or I would have just been happy with a free skin. ANYTHING, but nope. They treated me like a criminal through the whole process and they said I should just be happy with having my account back. Why would I want to support a game and dump more money into it when they don't protect their users. This doesn't just affect the way I see Apex as a franchise, but any EA games. I was super excited for Mass Effect Remastered but now idk if I'll even buy that. 

Message 1 of 25 (552 Views)

Re: Two months to get my hacked and banned account back. No refund on wasted s p

★ Pro

And who's fault it was? How hacker got access to your account? Did you used 2FA (email, or phone)?

Message 2 of 25 (542 Views)

Re: Two months to get my hacked and banned account back. No refund on wasted s p

★★★ Novice

Steam guard was active, yes

Message 3 of 25 (536 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SlivPTS who's fault is it that it took two months to resolve an issue that should of only taken a few days at most? If you think it's acceptable for any customer service to drag their feet as much as EA did and then blame the customer you obviously don't know anything about how a business should be ran. I'm not a customer is always right type person, I'm rather patient and understanding, but treating anyone this way is not cool.

Message 4 of 25 (531 Views)

★ Pro

so your Steam account was compromised?

Message 5 of 25 (528 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SlivPTS no idea how they hacked it, those details were not provided to me 

Message 6 of 25 (510 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also you are missing the point, the issue is not the hacking but that it took two months to resolve with not as much as a 'sorry' given.

Message 7 of 25 (509 Views)

★ Pro

don't turn on "defense mode"... i am just asking questions.

I already asked CM why it takes so much time, but of course they ignored me (like they usually do): Link to topic

To access your Apex account on Steam, hacker must hack your Steam account first, right? Or you want to say that hacker was able to hack your apex account without hacking Steam account?

Message 8 of 25 (505 Views)

★ Pro

"with not as much as a 'sorry' given"

dude, you forgot with what company you are dealing? Large smile

It's EA, most "loved" company on this planet.

Message 9 of 25 (501 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SlivPTS I would assume, support had me check both steam and origin security settings and change my password on both. It was one (of many) support people who told me to post my concerns here and that a manager would see my comment and they will magically change their policies and giving good will gestures to customers who get screwed on their accounts such as myself and others. If they got me unbanned sooner I would have been able to play and get another 300 coins so I could confirm with another season pass. So now I'm sitting here with 650 coins, which buys me nothing, and no will to dump more money into this game or any EA game. It takes a lot to push me over the edge, I've worked in support for a long time so I know how it is and so I forward that understanding to other support people. I'm just saying I can't fight how I feel on this one and how I'm feeling is betrayed. If they somehow restored my faith they would get more money out of me, but since they lost that faith, I'll continue to play the game as it is, free to play.

Message 10 of 25 (490 Views)